Workout indicators when uploading from Zwift vs. Garmin

Normally, I do my workouts with my Garmin and when I do they upload and correlate to scheduled workout. This morning my Garmin was dead so I did the session in Zwift and then imported the fit file… much to my surprise I didn’t get the session specifics at the bottom… and I don’t even have the “target line” at the top.

Should I have imported the file in a different way and is there a way to fix this?

Garmin devices include the workout steps in the fit file and Intervals.icu extracts those to create the workout. Looks like Zwift doesn’t do that. If you have a ZWO or FIT file for the planned workout (not the completed activity file from Zwift) you can import that and then you should see the blue line etc.

Click the workout to view, then do “Edit” and “Import”:

I had the workout in intervals.icu and I guess I assumed when it paired it would have done, but I appreciate the explanation and that makes sense. Thru some sequence of unpairing and merging the file with the workout file I was able to get it to work. Thank you!

I guess that brings up another question, if I just want the Zwift file to upload, do I need to imitate the setup I did to upload the file to Zwift, where I create an Activities directory and create a symbolic link to Dropbox?

Not sure about windows, but on Mac, the Automator app can copy the workout fit file to a folder in Dropbox, that is synced to Intervals, immediately as soon as a fit file is created.