Workout builder

Have you tried using the help tools when clicking on Add Step?

Click on the word normal and you will get a list of steps.

Clicking on Power, Heart Rate, Pace will give more options.

1 Like

There isn’t a keyword for rest/pause. You need to include that info in the text.

Use ‘pool length: 25m’ to set pool length for swims. I need to add an “Edit options” dialog with all the options in it. But putting in a default pool length line is a good idea.

Unfortunately when this was first built I wasn’t thinking about swimming and I can’t change how times are parsed now. You can use ‘50meters’ or ‘50mtr’ for distance.

2 Likes

Have you tried using the help tools when clicking on Add Step?

Thanks. But there’s no help button/mouse-over I’m overlooking, right? But yes, I created all kinds of steps via the UI to find those keywords. That still doesn’t explain what e.g. maxeffort does.

There isn’t a keyword for rest/pause. You need to include that info in the text.

OK. Reason I’m asking is that the workout screen on my Fenix 6 says “Swim ----- | INT. TIME 0:01” for a line like - Rest 60s. Yes, it says “Rest” on the Notes screen and when starting the workout step. However, if I add a rest/pause step in a Garmin workout the workout screen on the watch says “Rest 0:01 | Next: …” (for a press lap button rest) or “Rest 0:30 | INT. DIST. 000 | INT. TIME 0:00 | 1/5” (for a 30s rest in a 5x repeat).

You can use ‘50meters’ or ‘50mtr’ for distance.

Ah, I didn’t know (discover) that. :+1: Works for me. My remaining question is, how will others learn about it? Maybe instead of writing “Distance(km)” in “Add Step” write “Distance(km/mtr)”? Or when it’s a swim training write “Distance(mtr)” and otherwise “Distance(km)”?

Hello, I tried to use the training plan edited by ICU, export the fit file and save it into Wahoo Bolt V2, but it seems that Wahoo has a discrepancy in the identification of target power, I would like to ask where can I check the programming syntax of Wahoo training plan?

Warmup

• 8m ramp 30-60% 80-90 rpm

Sweet30min

• 30m ramp 85% 90-95 rpm

Recover3min

• 5m 150w 80-90rpm

Sweet30min

• 30m ramp 85% 90-95 rpm

Cool down

• 5m ramp 85-30% 70-90 rpm

I am not sure but maybe the Wahoo doesn’t like the ramps? I don’t think the fit file format for planned workouts supports ramps. You could break the ramps up with separate steps:

Warmup
- 2m 30% 80-90 rpm
- 2m 40% 80-90 rpm
- 2m 50% 80-90 rpm
- 2m 60% 80-90 rpm

I have a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt
Files loaded to it in .erg format
No issue with ramps

-5m ramp 30-55%

At the start of this thread, it was mentioned “Press lap” was working only for Garmin devices. But it was several months ago :slight_smile: any hope to have this mode working for Suunto devices? That would be so great. Typically outdoor warmups don’t have hard coded duration or length, so being able to mark them as done by pressing lap on my suunto watch would be so great!

Thank you for this structured workout feature!

Tx. I just checked the code and I think press lap will work on Suunto devices. Give it a try and see. My wife has a Suunto but she is away at the moment so I can’t test this.

From what I’m observing, this is not working:

• I’m using a Suunto 9 Peak Pro
  • if I setup a workout the way copied below:
    When pressing lap button after, say, 18 minutes, the workout doesn’t move to the first maxeffort and the countdown of the warmup is still going

Am I doing something wrong?

Warmup

• Press lap 30m ramp Z2 HR hr=lap

6x

• 1m maxeffort Z6 HR hr=lap
  • 4m Z2 HR hr=lap

Cooldown

• Press lap 30m ramp Z2 HR hr=lap

I did some poking around. It should to press lap for all steps now i.e. you can end any step by pressing the lap button. No need for press lap. You need to make a dummy edit to existing workouts to force re-upload to Suunto to test this.

This is still not working, even after doing a dummy edit to an existing workout.

Just in case, I tried also to create a brand new workout, and pressing lap did not work for it the same.

When pressing lap, the temporary display showing that a lap has been recorded is displayed for some seconds, and when going back to screen showing workout data, warmup countdown is still going, no move to first maxeffort interval.

Thats unfortunate. My wife is away for 3 weeks. Then I will have a Suunto device to test this on.

1 Like

thank
I use erg files that can be successfully identified by Bolt and display the corresponding data

• 5m 55-153 W 80-95 rpm

• 30m 175-212 W 90-95 rpm

• 5m 110-131 W 80-90 rpm

• 30m 175-212 W 90-95 rpm

• 5m 88-110 W

Thank you, I successfully made Bolt recognize the training plan, using simple syntax.

1 Like

How do you get those files onto your bolt?

Do you know of any tools that can help me create workouts (like zwofactory) that are compatible with Garmin Edge?

Intervals.icu will upload planned workouts to Gamin Connect. Just tick the box in the Garmin area in /settings. You can also download workouts in fit file format and manually load those onto your Edge.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Any chance you have access to a Suunto device by now? If model makes a difference, mine is 9 Peak Pro.

Joël

Hello.
When providing " * and whatever additional text you like" is it possible to give %FTP value so on my watch there is real for example 150W or I have to insert calculated Watts manually for each step into text field?
Thanks