Workout builder

Loving the fact that this feature exists now, Obv getting used the method of writing a program, but I ABSOLUTELY love the graph visual as that is pretty much how I work. My mind sees the workouts better that way.

I must have read too few books and read too many comics as a kid.

3 Likes

Yeah I know but Strava makes it possible for something like Intervals.icu to get started. Most people are on Strava and lots of them have years of history synced from all their services/devices. Strava makes all this available via an API. There isn’t anything else like it.

3 Likes

I deleted my Strava account, but created a new one just for intervals.icu - Strava (for me) is a duplicate of Garmin Connect, so I’d delete it again, if you could get Garmin API access. On the other hand, Garmin is a bitch to work with, much worse than Strava, I guess…

2 Likes

Nested Loops would definitely be great to have as well!
Also I wouldn’t really compare Zwift and Garmin connect… The interface of the latter is really one of the worst things ever designed! And yes I would also be more keen into pushing Intervals.icu Workouts to Garmin (directly in the calendar so it syncs directly with the device?) ratehr than the opposite, as the workout builder in Garmin Connect is also very bad… And yes nothing as percentage of FTP, and all in hard power number unfortunately :confused:

Also something really neat would be to have W’ balance on the chart as well to calibrate the VO2 Max workouts! (cf Xert and TrainerDay workout builders) And as well have an MAP value in the settings and be able to put %ages of MAP in the workout builder? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Strava is just a social plug-in to intervals.icu :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I am going to add W’bal to the chart as well as a marker for power etc. at that position.

2 Likes

Ranges (e.g. 50-70%) are now indicated on the chart by a less opaque area above the min power/HR:

7 Likes

Is it possible to include Ramp intervals in the workout?
Such as :

480 seconds with a gradual incrementation from 75% FTP to 95% FTP.

Thank you!

Martial

1 Like

You can already do this.

ex.
“- 10m Ramp 100-200w” will return a 10 minute ramp beginning at 100watts increasing to 200watts.

4 Likes

Curious if using MAP as a workout variable is possible and/or been thought of? A lot of my VO2 work is done using that figure rather than FTP.

Thanks!

1 Like

Great suggestions! I would love to have wbal values when creating a workout… It is great to adjust intensity…

The workout chart now has a marker showing the displayed text and power etc. at the marker position. I am going to add W’bal soon.

4 Likes

This is all amazing. I’m poor so currently importing workouts into the calendar and doing them on RGT.

3 Likes

Hey @david , there’s a bug parsing the following workout:

1 Like

Tx. Yes a blank line between the last step a loop and the next step isn’t enough. I am going to try fix that.

2 Likes

Also, while you’re at it… :crazy_face:

Watts shown on the block diagram are not appropriate for runs.

I’m currently replacing in my plan all min to m and Z1 to guesstimated percentages. Seems easy to fix. I also always automatically type hr instead of h

2 Likes

Latest updates

• Only one blank line is now required to separate steps from loops (@Andrii_Magalich)
  • Added time to workout marker
  • ERG import will now correctly use “FTP =” line from the file to convert fixed watts to % FTP (otherwise it uses current athlete’s FTP)
  • MRC/ERG import is less fussy about spacing around tokens like "DESCRIPTION = " etc.
  • MRC/ERG import handles loops better when only the first iteration has course text
1 Like

This is so cool.

Quick question…
How do you delete a folder in the workout library?

and

Think it might have been asked, I have read a lot of posts, but for Run workouts can we have distance as an interval or workout distance?

I would like to be able to create classic run workouts like…
12x 400 meters rbi 200 meters
8x 600 meters
6x 800 meters
4x 1km
etc.

3 Likes

Ooh I forgot to add “Delete Folder”. Will put it on the folder menu and/or edit dialog. Tx.

I hadn’t thought about running stuff for the workout builder. How are running workouts specified? It’s not something I know anything about (have dodgy knee so can’t run at all).

Intervals.icu is still more cycling focussed than running currently.

3 Likes

Hi,

Just noticed the following on a workout imported from TrainingPeaks…

Because the Title of the ride has ‘2x’ in it there is a repeat of the prolonged warmup / endurance work. Not really an issue as I can just put a space between the ‘2’ and the ‘x’

or type x1 after the header/title line before the workout begins…

Thought I’d mention it as it fooled me for a while and others might have the same issue. Other than a space or x1 any other recommendations, best practises, to keep things clean and simple?

I always title my workouts 4x 8x etc in TP so glad I spotted what was going on. Probably explains why I get some workouts that parse incorrectly in Zwift and end up with duplicate sections, never understood why until now.
Interval.icu has helped me understand some odd things that I have seen from time to time and never worked out why. :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes