Workout builder

Hi David,

I’ve got a zwo file of a MAP test from CycleCoach/Ric Stern but I’m a Rouvy subscriber that doesn’t import Zwift files.
So I’ve tried to use the workout builder in order to convert it to a mrc file but than two already temporally over come problems occurred:

1. for starting we’ve got a error message when importing the attached zwo file. I did manage to strip the lines causing that error and successfully import the file but them camos the second problem so we say…
  2. Workout Builder is rounding the number and this is a very strict protocol so I wonder would be possible to keep the original figures when importing. I did a manual work and set the correct numbers directly at Rouvy’s editor.

Find 3 files attached. The original zwo. The “no tag lines” zwo file that allowed me to import it to Intervals and finally a mrc Rouvy file with correct numbers to might be interested.

Best regards,

HUmm . after writing this I’ve found I’m not allowed to attach files.

In theory you should be able to add attachments now. Could you please attach or mail me the .zwo file. Tx.

What rounding problem is happening? MRC also uses %FTP so there should be any.

Hi all - Is it possible to import an intervals.icu built workout IN to Training Peaks? As far as I can tell, none of the file export formats (ZWO, MRC, ERG) are importable into TP.

Maybe this was covered already and I just couldn’t find it.

1 Like

Tks David,

As you can see in the previous attached image in the original file power targets have up to 8 decimals while after importing it comes to no decimals at all.

Regards,

I don’t think you can, but I could be wrong. You could import it into Trainer Day which will then sync it through to Training Peaks, but that seems a lot of work. What app do you want to actually perform the workout in?

There is some sort of encoding problem with that file <tag name="®ßCycleCoachÓ/> is not valid XML. Not too much I can do about that but it is easy enough to edit out.

I have added support for decimals in workout builder and file generators. Generally 1 decimal place is used to keep files neat. For a 260w FTP that is .26w which should be accurate enough! Will deploy Monday AM (GMT+2).

Thank you.

It hasn’t been deployed yet. Hopefully on Tuesday.

I have planned gym workout. Simply as 1h gym.
But i dont track my gym activity so how it is possible to set the planned training done?

just add a manual entry on strava. it can be private if you like

Thnx thats work!

I have planned a gym workout and now make a manual entry on Strava. Now i see the planned workout and the manual workout. I have set ‘show past planned workout’ off. How can i still see the past workout?

It is still showing up because it is still the current day. It will disappear tm.

1 Like

The decimals support has been deployed now.

:grinning:

1 Like

Hi all,

Sometimes i will do a workout outside with my Garmin. What kind of file do i need to download for my Garmin device? .ERG or .MRC? I cant choice .FIT.

I know that it’s possible by settings to make a standard connection with Garmin Connect, but in that case i get all the workouts in my garmin, what i dont like, because my garmin gets full of workouts that i dont use. When i make a ride (for example 3h Z2) i dont have to get the workout in Garmin, because i know what i have to do.

Is it possible to make a checkbox for getting the file to Garmin Connect? So i can choice wich file i like to get in my Garmin for outdoor workout and wich file i dont need, but have maked for my plan, to make a futured PMC etc.

in short:
I dont like to get al the outdoor workouts in Garmin Connect. Only the more complex workouts, but i make al workouts in Intervals, because of futured PMC. Also 3h Z2, but i dont need that workout in Garmin Connect. Is it possible to mark/checkbox workouts for in Garmin Connect or something?

I do have .fit file download on the todo list. I actually started it but paused due to more pressing problems.

There is a todo list item to support tagging of activities and workouts. That will do this because you will be able to add a “Garmin” tag or similar and setup the Garmin Connect to only upload workouts with that tag.

1 Like

Yes thnx David! Yes exactly i will be able to add a Garmin tag!

Great work!

1 Like

Hi! I am having trouble editing workouts with the Main set looped. Seems like the repeats are created only if no other lines are written before the loop. Moreover, the step created after the loop is erroneously incorporated in the loop. I attach pictures to make it clearer. Thank you in advance!
Michele

Hmm. I just created that workout without issues. I see quite a bit of space after each dash … maybe there is some character there that is causing problems?

It’s obviously very basic but I found myself copying What’sOnZwift workouts to put in my calendar to see how they fit it.

So I made a quick page to help convert it into the workout builder parser.

http://cubingtest.byethost9.com/Other/CyclingCalculator.html

10 Likes