What to do after Base Build block, and 2 Polarized blocks?

Hello, I’ve started with structured training in January, and completed an 8 weeks Base Build plan in March.
Then I completed a Polarized plan (2 weeks on, 1 week off), and after 1 week of rest/recovery I started with a slightly different Polarized plan (3 weeks on, 1 week off) which I will complete at the beginning of May.

I see quite some gains (probably because I’m a newbie with structured training), but I don’t know which training I should do after these 3 blocks.
Should I continue with another Polarized 3:1 with maybe different intervals?
I would like to take an off-season break from mid-October onwards, so I still have at least other 5 months of training.

I don’t have any specific goal (no races or similar), I just want to push myself as much as possible to understand what my body is capable of with a reasonable amount of training hours (7-10 per week).

For context: my W/kg is around 3.5.

5 months is a long time, so take a short break (a week), then do one of the following:

• intensive efforts
    try 5-10% higher on each interval session and repeat the same program). Keep your endurance rides easy, i.e. don’t ride harder, just longer.

• extensive efforts
    extend the time you spend in each interval, eg. if you can hold your threshold interval efforts for 24-32 minutes (time in zone), work on extending the time up to 45-60 minutes.
    Example: if you only did 4x8m, then try get to 6x10m, 5x12m, 4x15m, 3x20m, 2x30m, 1x45m at the same power you were doing in your base period.
    Once done with another block of base, you can do the polarised block again using a similar methodology (intensive or extensive).

2 Likes