Weight tracking (Intervals, Strava, Wahoo)

If I understand the WAHOO API right, you could push weight through that way, so Intervals, could in theory push directly to Wahoo?

Currently I have a Withings Body+ Smart Scale in one location and a dumb scale in another. With the dumb scale, I manually input the Weight into the Withings Health app - that way I can pull that data from the Withings API and push it into the Intervals.icu API - Garmin somehow died, but I don’t really care about the weight there → my Oura ring should arrive tomorrow, since I use that only for wellness data, weight shouldn’t matter too much over there and for the Wahoo, I’m going to look at the api again soon, maybe I can rig something up to get data from intervals (FTP, Weight) and push it to Wahoo

1 Like

You’re right, the user_read includes weight from Wahoo. Wahoo doesn’t have much else in the form of wellness data, but it is a start, at least:

So if David wanted to and can integrate this into the Wahoo Intervals sync, then it would act similarly to the “wellness data” imports.

1 Like

I was actually thinking the other way round:

intervals is the “source” for weight (pulls that from wherever) and pushes to wahoo to keep the watt/kg fields and such up to date.

2 Likes

Ahh I see what you’re saying. Looks like I replied before seeing your edit. Thanks for clarifying

1 Like

How do you pull the info from Withings? I have the same body+ smart scale and although the Health mate app is connected to Google Fit and in Intervals I’m also connected to Google Fit, I can’t get the weight to show up automatically in intervals.

Well for me there is nothing “automatic”. But being an it nerd I’d rather code something myself, than force my data through a bunch of services that I’m not going to use otherwise :wink:

So I did just that. I have a script running daily, that pulls my data from the Withings API and pushes it into Intervals. An example script is linked here

2 Likes

Excellent, thank you!

There is a small typo in the gist :slight_smile:
Line 71 is missing a closing )

Thank you for the script, I now managed to read from withings.

I’m afraid to be asking again, but am still uncertain. What is the best solution for syncing up Intervals and Wahoo for me, right now?

In your original question you were suggesting entering your weight manually somewhere and then sync that weight between intervals, strava and Wahoo. Is that still the question?

I have a python script to read from strava and a script to read / write to intervals. Since I have no Wahoo, I don’t have a script for that, but do see they have an API available as well where weight is part of the user info.

In other words, you can use any of those three to enter your weight and then have a script sync it to the other two.

1 Like

Thanks, for now I’ve chosen to enter my weight to Intervals, but I am not really able to write myself a script to sync to Wahoo - apart from asking ChatGPT ^^

Still a beginner in Python, but I can give it a try. I now have a number of examples for other APIs, maybe I can get it working for Wahoo as well. Would you be able to run Python scripts?

1 Like

Yes, surely would be able to run them :slight_smile: Thanks, so kind to give it a try for me <3

I recently got a Wahoo ROAM V2 so I’m looking to sync from Intervals.icu to Wahoo as well.
Should I be faster than @Gabrie I’ll post here as well :wink:

1 Like

Waiting for access to Wahoo API. Would take 5-7 days it says on the website.

mine took no more than a few hours, haven’t tried anything with it yet though. Hopefully tomorrow on the train (if the internet isn’t too slow) I have 4h to play with it.

Mine is still waiting. Maybe because I don’t have any Wahoo devices?

Got access to the API :slight_smile:

But now the big question, I just can’t find a webpage to login to view athlete data. I’m searching for something like a strava webpage to show all my rides etc. All I can find is the wahoofitness page which is more like a shop.

2 Likes

I do access stuff via the Wahoo or Elemnt Apps or Web Based I believe there is only Systm
https://systm.wahoofitness.com/

For those with Apple Watch / Apple iOS devices, does all these systems (Withings, Wahoo, Strava, Garmin or whatever other apps) has ability to sync to Apple Health?

If yes, then I think that’s a very easy solution (for me) to actually just get data from Apple Health and feed it into Intervals (thru my BreakAway: Indoor Training App)

1 Like