Weight from garmin connect

Thanks, adding some calories to myfitnesspal worked. Not sure why it had stopped working though, as I hadn’t changed anything in my “workflow” (I don’t log calories, and only had MFP for bridging Withings Health mate → MFP → Garmin)

1 Like

Intervals.icu is still collecting my weight values from Garmin Connect. However, I am using a Garmin scale.

Mine comes from Garmin too.

I use a Withings Scale - Withings syncs to Garmin - Intervals pulls from there.

In the next few days (probably more like weeks to months) I’ll build a small python script to pull all health data from the withings API and push it to the Intervals API. As Garmin ignores all but the weight itself when you use a „non garmin“ smart scale

Edit: Withings used to sync Weight via MyFitnessPal to Garmin that somehow stopped working for me.
I have a small python script running now, that get’s all the data directly from the Withings API and pushes those values to the Intervals API - on garmin itsel I sometimes (on larger changes) update the weight manually.

1 Like

Hallo Roland, ich habe auch eine withings Aria waage. Könntest du mir bitte helfen die daten in intervals.icu zu bekommen? vielen Dank

Hallo Peter,

ich hab eine Withingswaage und habe aktuell folgenden Weg:
Ich nutze die Android App FitToFit (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fitapp.fittofit)
Der Weg ist der folgende Withings → FitBit → ( über FitToFit App) → GoogleFit → Intervals.icu

English for the international users ( :wink:):
I have also a Whithings Scale and i use this way to sync:
I use the Android App FitToFit (link above)
And the way the data goes is: Withings → FitBit → ( with FitToFit App) → GoogleFit → Intervals.icu

I’ll post a link to a github gist for a python script that’ll authenticate agains the withings api and push directly to intervals.

It’s simpler regarding the services used, but needs a bit of work beforehand: you’d have to register a withings api key and run this script manually (or have a cronjob run it)

ETA: hopefully later this evening. During the weekend at the latest

My workflow works, tested recently.
Withings →to csv→ Windows Pc with FitFileRepairTool app→ to .fit file → Garmin→Intervals.icu

Is that all automatic, or does it involve you saving/uploading any file?

Saving uploading required.

Requires checking the Withings weight.csv export before → Windows Pc with FitFileRepairTool app, if weight.csv is formatted as following:

Date,“Weight (kg)”,“Fat mass (kg)”,“Bone mass (kg)”,“Muscle mass (kg)”,“Hydration (kg)”,Comments
“2022-12-23 11:08:49”,91.40,27.49,3.19,60.70,44.08,

Please test with one record exporting to Garmin , try the record above, before doing all records, as Garmin doesn’t check for duplicates, and manually deleting duplicate records is a pain.

Also, in FFRT, you can force BMI calculation.

This sounds way too much of a hassle for regular readings. I do blood pressure readings and weigh ins right after the HRV reading every morning. Then I get dressed and off to work. By the time I’m sitting in the train, the Garmin->Intervals sync is done, and I trigger this python script on my server (using an SSH Client on my phone)

I published the python script on GitHub. You’d have to register an app on withings (which is free and as far as I remember instant, so no waiting for anyone to check it) and have some machine (I use one of my linux servers) to run the python script on (right now I do it manually, once garmin synced all the wellness data, but in the future I’m planning to run this completely automated at a specified time every day)

Feel free to ask if anything is unclear, or can be improved.

happy holidays

4 Likes

Nice!! I checked their API stuffs, Looks like it’s free for up to 5000 users but beyond that, I think there’s a Price to be paid. oh man…

U mentioned linux server, and its been 18days since this post, I presume now you’ve got it automated? Cron entry perhaps. Seems easiest.

Cheerios

the 5k users won’t be a problem, if everyone just creates their own app :wink:

I’m still running this manually as part of my morning routine, as I’m currently rewriting all of it in rust, then it’ll run on a systemd-timer and check for changes before calling the “heavy functions” that actually do stuff.

Thank you! Could you please tell me what you use as redirect_uri?

If i remember correctly, just localhost.

Localhost is not allowed to use as callback url(

Right. Withings was kinda awkward to set up. There are services kinda like pastebin but to test api calls. Use such a site as callback - you’d need this only once, as from there on you have an access token to use the api as well as a refresh token which will work to well refresh the token

1 Like

Vielen Dank. Kompliziert hahahah :wink: