Weekly targets for sports

You can now capture weekly targets for training load, time and/or distance for each sport. Click the week block to open the week info dialog:

If you have targets for a sport then compliance is measured against the target, not planned workouts. For future weeks the target rings show planned workouts vs the targets (not for distance, only load and time):

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 07.30.26

Weekly training load targets are not currently included in future fitness. I need to do some more work to make that happen.

Targets are shown on the calendar view:

15 Likes

Nice step.
Can’t wait to be able to target TID too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice solution … Clean implementation.

1 Like

Nice feature, thank you. It would also be cool to use this as a motivational tool by defining minimum values for each week. Achieving values of over 100% would still count as success, currently it shows an error icon at 150% (?) or above.

1 Like

Amazing :wink: Now we only would need a week by week table view like the ATP in TP :wink: to plan the whole season

1 Like

By the way, your “week info dialog” is almost turning into the personal presentation page I once wrote about … Maybe if it could pop up when pressing the numbers of an athlete you are following on the athletes tab …

Thats a good idea. I should probably show compliance on that page as well.

1 Like

Would it be possible to add an All Activities goal for TSS, time, and distance? I’m probably a bit unusual in that I don’t have targets for specific activities (you know, like a proper training plan), but I do want to hit a particular TSS goal every week.

It doesn’t have to interact with the goals for specific activities, and I’d suggest it would be best if it didn’t. By decoupling it, you could set biking TSS to 40 and running to 40, but have the All Activities set to 100 and then decide which activity you want to use to make up the extra 20 points. The same would work using All Activities as a minimum. Maybe both your specific goals are stretch goals of a 100 for each activity and you set All Activities to 150, so that you accomplish something even if I don’t make the goals for specific activities.

I have added that to the todo list.

1 Like

Hey David, do you have an update on target for all activities? its still not possible

I’d also love to have weekly total hours, I’m training for mountaineering mostly and I’m using a mix of sports so I’d like to use a total hours training as my target, having that would be super useful.

Is there now a way to edit the weekly targets in a table? Clicking through all the weeks to set up target loads is kinda annoying and keeps me sticking to my Google sheet instead.