Weather forecasts on calendar

You could move to Cape Town, South Africa. It is the middle of winter here so there is some rain but not all of the time and you can ride at 06h30 without any special gear because it doesn’t really get cold (by European standards anyway).

Or is there something wrong with the Austria forecast? :slight_smile:

1 Like

:grinning::grinning::grinning: It is just wrong quite often, forecasting nonexistent rain. Not sure why

Same problem here in Germany.
I think the issue is that any rain at all leads to the day being classified as rainy (including the icon). As there’s usually some chance of rain every day this makes the forecast look very dismal, even though most days have 0.1mm rain forecast. Maybe it would be better to have an (adjustable) threshold (e.g. 1mm) from when the cloudy icon changes to rain. (If the classification is not taken from the weather API)

I have seen that as well. Also sometimes the rain is at night and doesn’t count. Unfortunately the weather icon and overall description is provided by the API. That said I might be able to make some adjustments. Not sure about 1mm though as a threshold. Here (Cape Town South Africa) that would count as rain. I supposed it would be best for this to be configurable.

@david is there a way to link weather with holiday notes? So that the location changes with the holiday location (where you might be riding/runnign/working out)? Also might be very cool for “Races” to include weather at the location? I don’t know how hard this is but, just thought of this after reading the above notes.

Cheers,

Jeff Schiller

You can add multiple weather forecast locations (Options → Weather) and toggle them on/off. So you can add the location of your holiday or race and turn that on as it approaches. I do have plans to include weather data in activities at some point.

2 Likes

Is it best to delete other locations or just leave unticked? Don’t want to waste API calls (in the hope of one day returning to hourly) but not sure if it will only request if ticked.

No API calls if the weather is unticked so thats fine. Tx.

More weather locations based on dates would be great. I’m in different places during the week and weekends, so right now I’ve three locations on every day. And one or two are useless on any given day :wink:

So some toggles would be great, but I get your side as this would almost certainly be „useless overhead“ for 90% of the users.

1 Like