Weather forecasts on calendar

The wind speed and gusts are now take from the 3h data if available excluding the first and last 3h (in the middle of the night). I have asked OpenWeather why the numbers differ.

I have also added units for rain/snow. Change at the bottom of the detail dialog.

1 Like

Great feature, thank you very much!

Brilliant, David!

Great feature. Thank you! How can we delete locations? Example - I have a race in a city I will likely never visit again. I want to add it, and then delete it after the race.

How do these arrows work? For example, in the first post, on Mar 4, is the wind blowing out of the southeast? (So you would have a head wind when cycling toward the southeast?)

Wind is always labeled from where it comes from. So in your question, the head wind is correct.

1 Like

Options > Weather > Select the weather location you have added to Edit > Delete

2 Likes

You can also do Options → Weather and untick the checkbox next to that location.

Thanks. That makes it not appear, but doesn’t delete it. After some combination of clicking and holding down, I did get the way @Olly_Thomas showed above to work.

Can this be turned off? I don’t know what the source is for this, but it’s so far from reality (especially winds) that it’s not really relevant for me

(also: If I am to use it, I’d like to be able to choose m/s for the wind speed, too much maths having to convert it in my head…)

1 Like

Sorry, found it: Just untick all locations,

It is also possible that the “auto location detection” based on city name or IP address is wrong for you. In that case you can delete the existing forecast (click it then choose the delete button) and add another.

Yeah, auto location was way off, but I did change that to the correct town and still found the forecasts way off compared to local sources…

Source of data looks good! I’ve been keeping an eye on the integration and for what is needed for the general user, I feel like it is very informative!

I feel like one other integration that might be cool is for outdoor activities, to have the temperature and wind (maybe) in the upper bar for the start and finish of the activity. It is absolutely not necessary, but if it is simple enough, feel it could add a nice comparison to see how your RPE changed as a function of the weather?

1 Like

Tx. I am looking into that. I need to store some of the forecast info I think.

@David, activities usually gets uploaded the same day when they have been done. Iff you happen to have the weather forecast in cache when the activity is being uploaded then you could store a snapshot of weather data together with the recorded activity. Of course not all activities would have corresponding weather data this way, but that could be treated as a exception, i.e., displaying a boilerplate: “weather data missing”.
That way you could avoid subscribing to historic weather data services

Tx. I might well go with that approach or storing forecast data in the db for little while. Would be very nice to have weather data on activities. We get lot of wind here in summer and doing 120km in 40km/h wind is not the same as in 10km/h.

The “wind” info now links to Windy.com for more details information.

3 Likes

The funny thing is that I now prefer to check the weather on intervals.icu instead of the one on my smartphone ! Even though I already chose the “best” weather provider I could find for my area, it seems that the one used by intervals.icu is more accurate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not sure why, but the forecast for where I am based in Austria has been almost exclusively for rain for the last few months. Any possibility to change that?

1 Like