Wahoo support implemented

Intervals.icu can now download activities directly from Wahoo. Look for the Wahoo section in /settings and tick the “Download activities” box. Then authorise Intervals.icu to access your account. You can choose to only download certain types of activities. Those that don’t match are downloaded but marked as deleted (see them using Options → Show deleted activities on the calendar page).

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 14.13.49

I haven’t made this an announcement yet because Intervals.icu still has low rate limits.

34 Likes

Note that pushing planned workouts to Wahoo is not supported yet. That will be added when/if it appears in the Wahoo API.

9 Likes

Great to see direct downloads from Wahoo!

Regarding the planned workouts: A workaround could be to push the workout from i.icu to Trainingpeaks, as “workout of the day”. Then it will appear on the Wahoo unit (if connected to Trainingpeaks). All that works with a free TP account, which is important because we of course prefer i.icu over TP!

I know I’m asking for a lot, integration with the direct competitor.

5 Likes

Great to have that Wahoo support.
Any plans to implement the same for Hammerhead Karoo2? I currently download the Fit-files to a dropbox folder and sync to intervals…

cheers
alfred

2 Likes

nice!!

does the API allow for importing future planned workout in the calendar?

just name, duration, etc… like a .ics calendar feed, not importing the actual workout

thanks David!

This replaces the wahoo → dropbox → intervals.icu link for our .fit files, right ?

I use a Karoo2 myself and get activities into Intervals.icu via Suunto. Install the Suunto app and create an account. Then connect here: Karoo Dashboard

Not currently. Hopefully they will add that.

Yes.

3 Likes

thank you David, I will try this workaround via Suunto.

best
alfred

It does, but n fairness that dropbox workaround was flawless. Hopefully now Wahoo will allow syncing of planned workouts soon

Great news David!

You mixed up 2021 and 2022.

OMG! what a shame :slight_smile:

But I think I have found something else related to integration feature between Intervals.icu and Wahoo.
Right now Wahoo X and Wahoo RGT is one platform. I can see both types of activities in my Wahoo account (calendar and the app) but when I import to Intervals.icu Wahoo RGT activities are not imported.
So, can anyone else try that?

Ugh, I would love this.

You could try pinging their support. I will also ask.

This is great.
One issue @david - after connecting Wahoo in settings I’ve now got duplicates for all my RGT activities (I’d previously manually imported the .fit files for those). How to fix?
(activities from SYSYM and my ELEMNT Bolt are both fine)

Edit: I’ve noticed there’s not too many duplicates (older RGT activities are fine), so I can just manually delete the duplicates.

I have been importing Wahoo workouts into intervals.icu via Strava. If I enable direct import from Wahoo, do I need to disable Strava to avoid duplicates?

Occasionally, I also do workouts in Xert. These workouts utilize Strava to import the data. If Strava import is disabled, what is a work around for the Xert workouts?

I don’t know for sure, but just in case, I disabled imports from Dropbox for my rides recorded with my Wahoo.

You can leave Strava enabled. Intervals.icu will delete Strava activities that are duplicates of activities received from other sources. You can choose to keep the name from Strava:

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 06.58.47

3 Likes

Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Hello David,
I look closer to the “issue” with Wahoo RGT and what I observed is when I finish workout in Wahoo RGT it is almost immediately transferred to STRAVA.
However, if we look on Wahoo platform (both companion app and SYSTM) the workout is not visible that fast.
I have to wait several minutes to see it, and after that it is also transferred to intervals.icu

So, I think my previous question is not really valid anymore.

2 Likes