Wahoo headunit support

I just did this.
Sent a workout from Trainerday website to Intervals.icu which immediately puts this workout on the Intervals calendar for today.
Then opened the TrainerDay App on my phone and selected from the dropdown “Intervals.icu Workout of the Day”. The workout is loaded in the app and ready to ride.
I also imported an erg file in Intervals and sheduled it for today. Shows up in the TrainerDay app right away.
I hope you are not mixing up the Web App and the Training App from Trainerday! The web app allows import/export/creation/modification of workouts and the Training App runs the workouts. Can be used with or without Smart Trainer.
To use the Trainer App fully, you must subscribe. Without subscription, you only have a limited selection of available workouts and the WOD is not active.

2 Likes

@David , there seems to be a little glitch regarding the “duplicate import” from my Wahoo – from Strava and Dropbox: i.icu first finds Strava, then Dropbox, which always seems to work in this order and also generally is just fine. I do use the double import to get the L/R balance which Strava does not process/pass on, and the original file via Dropbox is better anyway. Strava is still connected for the non-Wahoo/cycling workouts.

Now, when i.icu detects a new eFTP it does so first for the Strava data, which is then overwritten by the Dropbox data. And then the eFTP is not marked as new anymore;-)
Also no red dot in the fitness graph:-o

This is also reflected in the “Nice Ride” emails, which comes for both analysis, which contains the “best power” for both of them, but which has the “Your estimated FTP has increased” only for the first, Strava, data – but not for the Dropbox data anymore.

The manual remedy is to “reprocess original file”, which is not too bad, but it would be nice if you could fix this glitch for automatic handling of the /thing/.

Big thanks for all your efforts:-)

Tx for figuring this out. I missed a much needed eFTP up mail myself not so long ago and couldn’t figure out what happened. I will try get this fixed.

1 Like

but please keep the duplicated import. I love that Intervals is taking my l/r balance from dropbox and adding activity name from Strava on top of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have almost the same setup for almost the same reasons.
one other thing that could be better ( :slight_smile: ) is that the “gear” field is populated with the Strava bike correctly but when the dropbox file is found the “gear” field is overwritten with an empty value

tx!

This has been solved in one of the last firmware updates.

Regards

3 Likes

all these steps to get your workouts into your wahoo? ICU → TD → TP → Wahoo?

I asked about this on a different forum. Maybe @Alex_VanLaningham can confirm this too.

You can’t automatically do ICU - TD - TP

For me, that is the most convenient option by now. Although not automatic, @rob, it only takes about 30 s for existing workouts… for which I do already have a copy in TD –> manual sync to TP, automatic pickup by Wahoo.
However, as @Xeones reports just above the USB-upload would be an alternative, but I don’t have a computer near my Wahoo;-)

What about just using your phone app to do it? TD has a phone app.

you can also see
https://forum.intervals.icu/t/breakaway-indoor-training-app-now-with-intervals-icu-calendar-integration-workout-of-the-day/

or

https://forum.intervals.icu/t/pycycle-workout-file-on-wahoo/

isn’t the wahoo portable :-p

edit: Just saw this

In short - TD-TP not allowed due to API Agreement.

Thank you for the feedback and links. However, as I see it, with the limited understanding from quick reads of your linked posts, there is no complete option here to use my iPhone to get a workout from i.icu to my Bolt.
I.e., it seems the linked iOS app does not put the workout on the Wahoo, or did I overlook that?

PS; My Bolt is portable, but I don‘t want to run out to the bike to get it while finishing work/preparing for workout nor run back to the computer once I am getting out on the bike. With the method above I can prepare everything easily at the desk and then the Wahoo Bolt gets it simply when I turn the device on.

A more automatized workflow would be great, but not at the cost of bringing computer and headunit to the same location and cabling up. Then the TD-TP route is in fact much simpler.

In any case, thank you for your efforts – it will surely develop the whole thing to something better than we have today:-)

Got it. You specifically want to use your bolt to execute the workouts.

Otherwise, it would be simply
→ ICU → TD phone app-> Trainer
→ ICU → BreakAway iPhone App → Trainer

No – I do workouts outside:-)
Also, this topic is entitled “Wahoo headunit support”:wink:

2 Likes

@david , I am trying to update the original post of this thread to reflect “updated reality” – but don’t seem to be able to do so anymore?

Sorry so slow. Yes you are correct, even though technically is possible my terms with TP won’t allow 3rd parties to push to TP. So sadly you would have to include a download in that process.

Hello all, first post here

I am moving over to i.icu after using TrainerRoad for many years. The one thing that is really lacking (due to wahoo) is the automated pushing of workouts to my Bolt headunit as I like to set up my week and forget which can’t be done with the free version of TrainingPeaks

To get around this issue I have written a simple python script which will

1. Log into your i.icu account
  2. Pick up your scheduled workout from TrainerDay on i.icu for today
  3. Log into your TrainerDay account
  4. Push the same workout to TrainingPeaks
  5. Recheck after a prescribed time

There are a few handlers in the script to make sure you don’t send the same workout twice but otherwise it’s pretty barebones. For this to work you will need a TrainerDay account linked to TrainingPeaks. Link below

Couple of notes

1. Script works on python 3.6 and above
  2. Selenium is the only non-standard library required
  3. Script is setup for chrome but can easily be changed
  4. You will need to download a webdriver for your browser and version
  5. i.icu and TD passwords are hardcoded in the sample above however if you implement this I strongly suggest hashing your password(s) using bcrypt or similar

If this isn’t allowed please let me know and ill delete

7 Likes

Nice! :slight_smile:

To me, I running this as an enduser should be fine and save, but others might know more.

I‘ll take a look over the holidays and would be happy to also contribute where I can.
Did you consider to put it on GitHub? Might make for easier contributions and better long-term availability:-)

I am not sure if I am supposed to say cool. But cool :slight_smile: I will try it when I get time. I was thinking chrome extensions too to do stuff like this as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wrote this in an afternoon, by the pool, half drunk. Once I start using it properly next week i’ll figure out how to get it onto GitHub

3 Likes

Anything to make this process automated would be ace. I think I need to read up on python!