VO2max for Cycling and not just running

Hi !

In the fitness tab, I am able to do a graphic where my VO2max that came from my Garmin watch is shown.
Unfortunately, it only gives me my VO2max from running only and not cycling, even if I set it to only take cycling activities into account.

Maybe it is a bug, I don’t really know…

1 Like

It’s a Garmin limitation. The API only provides one value, and if you both run and cycle, it will provide the running value. (There are a few reports of it not doing this; but I’m skeptical).

What you can do is use the activity level value.

On activity screen select Custom, :mag:, search for VO2 and use one of the ones that says ‘from garmin activity’
You can then plot this value on charts, and can split it by activity type.

I get both… and by filtering by activity can plot both on the fitness tab.

1 Like

I have noticed that it only sends a value when there’s an actual workout recorded on a compatible Garmin device, so a 3rd party app, eg. Zwift or IndieVelo will not show a value for the day.

Both running and cycling VO2 will pull through.

1 Like

You get a wellness field for both? Do you have an added field for the cycling value?

No, he´s plotting with an activity filter.

How do you get all the running dynamics to show up with your activity?

They’re added using the Custom option at the bottom of the activity. Using the search provides a stack of addition data…

1 Like

Thank you for showing me this custom field and helping me !

I tried it, and it shows a different VO2 max than the one from Garmin unfortunately,(42 but not 65) how can I fix it ? Thank you !

sorry for having the screenshots in french
There is also the fact that it still does not appear in the Fitness tab even after selecting cycling in the same VO2maxGarmin thing

The 42 is the standard example for a numeric value in the setup screens. What is it showing at the top of the activity?

For the graph, it might not be populating because you haven’t reprocessed or analyzed the activity.

is there a way to batch-reprocess all activities, or maybe even all activities of a specific type?

Filter the Activity List view, then Edit - Reanalyse.
Check the necessary options to keep intervals.

1 Like

thank you!
don’t know how I managed to miss the very obvious Edit menu :slight_smile:

Can anyone help. I’ve managed to get VO2 max on wellness data for cycling via garmin but it won’t appear in charts?