Using intervals.icu to plan training

Hi all, fairly new to intervals.icu and very glad to have stumbled upon it as the data, reporting and graphs etc… look fantastic.

Is there anyway to plan sessions in to see the projected impact on fitness/freshness?

In essence, what I would like to do is look to see how a training load of XX or YY or ZZ over the next few days/weeks is going to affect my F&F and then be able to play around with that.
I have historically lots of sessions i can replicate to hit the hit the training load numbers, however what I can’t work out is what training load I should be aiming for without either plateauing or burning myself out.

Yes, create planned workouts on the Activity/calendar tab. Then view the anticipated effects on the Fitness page. (I like to have two browser windows open.) Be sure to show future dates in both pages.

cool, that seems pretty easy, thank you v much. I can’t see how to create a planned activity though, is that easy to do as have just sync’d account to strava and let it do it’s thing.

You can also set target loads for each week to come and see how your F&F will look like with that load (and simulate some changes) - for the bigger picture.

As written before, you have to scroll up in the activities/calendar view to see some future F&F numbers and/or change the timeframe in the fitness chart.

1 Like

On the activities page it’s the :date: with a + sign on it, to the right of the dates.

I don’t have that option - is that a different/paid version you have?

Switch to Calendar view.

1 Like

awesome! Looks slightly different on Mac, but got it now, have uploaded a test workout with associated training load and it’s all worked.
Amazing help, thank you very much!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m sitting on the trainer. Taking screenshot on iPhone. But, yes, there will be slight differences across browsers. Another nice thing with Intervals.icu is that it displays well across platforms.

2 Likes