Upload workouts to Suunto watches

Congratulations on the integration with Suunto!!

A question. When I created the workouts that I have in the library I did not select the “end on button press” option.
can that option be selected when editing the workouts?

You have that when “Adding a step” :

Upper David have explained that he need to correct that it “is not only for Garmin”.

Yes, when you create each block there is a box. But, if you edit an existing workout, the box doesn’t appear.

Just add “press lap” at the end of the step:

4 Likes

Amazing
easy easy 🤦

Will there be a chance that the clock will show 5 fields instead of 3?

I tried to sync a workout but it threw me an error. In addition, I ask you if the spartan sport model is compatible?

Unfortunately not:

The Suunto Spartan Family or Suunto 7 watches are not compatible with the SuuntoPlus Guides.

too bad I can’t prove it then. Now I try to get one of the 7 series, but the error is not related to the clock? or yes?

Hi there, i tried this feature yesterday and it worked - really cool stuff -
I want to check the ‘press lap’ feature next, that was hint/functionality i missed. thx for putting that in :heart:. But there is still a question:
Is it possible to have steps use distances rather than duration? Do you plan to implement such a feature?
As I am writing about i and now knowing about ‘press lap’ a potential workaround for me could be to use the press lap… if i hit the distance before the duration limit kicks in - I will try this for sure.
gerat feature !!!

Tx.

Not yet but I am going to do that soon. I am working on improving Suunto integration today but that requires quite big changes to the workout editor etc…

No I reproduced the error with a Suunto 9. Busy working on fix.

2 Likes

:heart::heart::heart: - awesome

Hi everyone, I’m new to Intervals.icu, which I discovered today when looking at the new SuuntoPlus Guide feature :slight_smile:

I have enabled the integration between Suunto and Intervals.icu, have checked the box “Upload planned workouts” in Intervals.icu’s settings, but I cannot see intervals.icu listed in the Suunto app on my phone.

Also, while checking the workouts I created, they look different than the ones you guys have put in this thread: when clicking on a planned workout in a plan, i can only edit it, not see it:

Unlike David’s original message, there’s no indication of the last upload in my settings page:

I guess I must be missing something, but I can’t figure out what… any idea?

OK, i disabled the upload workout feature, and reenabled it, and now i can see the upload happened:

but still nothing in my Suunto mobile app…

OK, I found why it wasn’t working!

I was trying to use the “Library/Plan/Workout” feature, and then dropping a workout e.g. to April 2nd.

I tried creating manually a workout in the default “Activities” view, and this way it worked :slight_smile:
I also successfully dragged and dropped a workout from my library into the default Activities, which then synch’ed to the watch.

Is that the only way to do it? There’s no possibility to have the library’s plan to sync?

1 Like

You can create a plan in your library and then drag and drop that onto you calendar. You can also assign athletes (including yourself) to the plan and the “Apply changes” to update all of their calendars. Plans can also be set to rollout automatically on a week by week basis on a particular day.

If you are just planning your own workouts its easiest to just work directly on your own calendar. You can drag workouts from there and drop them in library folders to use them again in future or put them on plans etc.

Thanks David, didn’t realise you could drag and drop a whole plan!
you’re right, it probably makes more sense to drag and drop single workouts though.

one more question: you said that you’d add the name of the step (Upload workouts to Suunto watches - #14 by david) but i am not getting it when the watch switches to the next interval - would be handy!

I have made a lot of changes to the integration which I will deploy Sat AM (GMT+2). I will update the top post of this thread with a walkthrough when I do that. Got interval repeat counters (1/3, 2/3 etc.) and a notification working.

5 Likes

I just got that working and will deploy Sat AM (GMT+2). The name of each step is displayed in the 13 character title area at the top of the watch. Repeats get a 10s notification popup summarising the steps.

1 Like

wow, that looks amazing! :star_struck: