Upload workouts to Dropbox for Zwift etc

Thanks. I was on a call with very senior people at Zwift some time ago. I asked and they said “No” :frowning: But maybe Intervals.icu is big enough now.

I suspect they do not have an API for this and did the TP integration themselves.

Dual record with their default head-unit is the most simple.
But you do loose the route in that case…
For Zwift workouts it may not be a problem. For races, it probably is…

I’ve been using RunGap (IOS app) as the Zwift translator for intervals.icu. It’s pretty detailed.

1 Like

Reggie!! How you doing, man?! Using my business name here but it’s Dave DAbrosca. Thanks for the tip!

I thought that might be you Dave! :+1:t5:

Can you clarify if this zwift and RunGap thing is syncing completed workouts to intervals.icu or uploading planned workouts to zwift?

Two part questions:

1. On Mac, if I want Zwift to upload to Intervals do I configure Download Activities, as I do for Upload Workouts, with a symbolic link? Same process, but understood different paths and links.

2. I have a client on Windows, now with Zwift sync feature, how do I instruct her to set things up so she can get the Upload Workouts working on Zwift? I get Mac with the link, but don’t have a Windows device to test that use case.

Hello folks, looking for some help… though I think I may know the answer. I have an athlete who is interested in making the switch from TP to Intervals, but she only has an AppleTV for Zwift. Am I correct in saying that without another device with Zwift/Dropbox there’s no way to get the workouts from Intervals to Zwift?

This is correct…workaround that will work but still need to connect to a pc/ mac to transfer custom workouts across (perhaps the athlete doesn’t have a pc/ mac capable of running Zwift for example)

Does TrainingPeaks push to Zwift based on workout of the day?

1 Like

Like @Olly_Thomas said, no way unless they have a pc/mac to sync files. I have worked around it by running the workouts on my Garmin head unit and letting Zwift control my Kickr in simulation mode (free ride). It’s the same as following a workout outside. It’s not for everyone and I miss for some workouts ERG.

1 Like

Yes it pushes daily.

1 Like

If it pushed daily, have you tried using the TP2Intervals app? It’s another workaround, but it as simple as syncing daily (non subscribers).

2 Likes

Hmm interesting, I’m not sure if I would end up using it for that, however, if I’m reading right it seems I can use it to migrate my TP libraries to Intervals. If so, that is HUGE, and that will definitely give me a jump start on this platform.

I know it’s open source my Mac is balking it’s not verified - you’ve used this?

I use it on MacOS (Macbook Pro) as my work laptop is restricted from adding non-work related applications. I’ve used 3 versions so far, as the updates have progressed.

• Prior to running being added
  • After running was added
  • TrainerRoad added (which I don’t use).

To overrule the non-app store verification warning, you would need to go to privacy settings and disable the setting.
Easier to post the link to support than explain how to do it… Open apps safely on your Mac - Apple Support (ZA)

Thanks @Gerald - I knew how to override I just wanted to make sure you haven’t had any malware issues before I did it. Much appreciated.

1 Like

I am using it on Windows and have no problems. Having dealt directly with the developer @Someone_Else directly on an issue i was having, my view is the developer and their software is 100% legit. A very useful piece of software.

2 Likes

Hi, Is it possible that this news could facilitate the integration of intervals with Zwift?

Training Connections
"There are many ways to train on Zwift - whether using a flexible training plan, joining a Group Workout, choosing from the 1000+ on-demand workouts, or building your own via the Custom Workout builder. For those with very specific plans in mind - whether from a coach, or another third-party training provider - Zwift’s new training API Connection will give Zwifters greater flexibility with how they want to train on the platform by providing better integration with other platforms and coaching services.

Functionally, this new API will behave much like existing third-party connections on Zwift. Once the API Connection is set up and approved, workouts built outside of Zwift will pull directly into the Zwift platform and show in the Custom Workouts folder. The training API will launch later this spring with a few launch partners. Other providers will be able to sign up for this open-API later in the summer. "

5 Likes

This would be amazing! I am self coached and use the workout builder in intervals and then manually import them to zwift. An export feature would be killer

1 Like

I have already mailed Zwift asking for Intervals.icu to be included in whatever beta they have going. If that doesn’t happen I will certainly implement this ASAP when it is launched.

9 Likes