Upload planned workouts to Garmin Connect

I haven’t been able to figure out what is going on here. It works fine for me even with one of your workouts. I downloaded your data and I am sending the correct data to Garmin Connect. So I have deployed some additional logging to try see whats up.

This is your upcoming 4h easy uploaded via Intervals.icu to my Garmin … the power is correct:

Thanks for your help!

The problem seems to happen with more complex workouts like the over-under.

Just to make sure, if I want to prescribe 5 minutes intervals at 85% of MMP 20 minutes I write:

• 5m 85% MMP 20m
    ?

And if I want to prescribe MMP for power in second, I write:

• 6s 85% MMP 10s

?

Thanks!

For those who are not satisfied with Garmin Edge’s built in workout display, there is a probably better (and configurable) setup proposed to athletes by TrainerRoad (sorry for the competitor link) :

https://www.trainerroad.com/blog/garmin-edge-the-best-head-unit-setup/

The basics they are proposing (again - configurable) is like this:

Sidenote: on a Garmin Edge 530 I couldn’t find step avg power, so I’ve replaced it w/ lap power.

KR,
Andras

2 Likes

Yes you are writing the steps correctly. I had a look at the extra logs specifically for “LSD + winning moves” and it looks like the correct data has been sent to Garmin. How does that one look on your device?

{
  "workoutName": "LSD + winning moves",
  "description": "...",
  "sport": "CYCLING",
  "steps": [
    {
      "type": "WorkoutStep",
      "stepOrder": 1,
      "intensity": "INTERVAL",
      "durationType": "TIME",
      "durationValue": 10800,
      "targetType": "POWER_LAP",
      "targetValueLow": 137,
      "targetValueHigh": 167
    },
    {
      "type": "WorkoutRepeatStep",
      "stepOrder": 2,
      "repeatType": "REPEAT_UNTIL_STEPS_CMPLT",
      "repeatValue": 4,
      "steps": [
        {
          "stepOrder": 1,
          "durationValue": 10,
          "targetValueLow": 412,
          "targetValueHigh": 434
        },
        {
          "stepOrder": 2,
          "durationValue": 60,
          "targetValueLow": 336,
          "targetValueHigh": 364
        },

Nice! What is the data field to get the workout overview chart? (The one above HR | Cadence.)

Workouts → Workout Comparison.

Thanks a lot for your help on this.

Its working fine for the “LSD + winning moves” workout!

So far, it seems that only the “3-4 x 9min over-under” workout was problematic.

Hello there.
Before a month or so i have no problem with automatic uploading workouts on Garmin conect,
but recently i have 0 uploaded planned workouts for next 3 weeks.
Any help will be great thanks :slight_smile:

Could you please try disconnecting from GC (click the red unlink icon) and reconnecting. That might sort it out. Tx.

Thanks for the answer.
I’ve tryed allready few times, but unfortunately doesn’t work.

I just had a look at your calendar and all of your current planned workouts are a couple of weeks into the future. Intervals.icu only uploads workouts for the next week or so. Maybe that is the problem? You could try adding one in the next couple of days to test.

I have the same problem using workouts including MMP.

For example 4x8m works perfect when used like this:

Main 4x
- 8m 95% MMP 8m
- 4m 40% FTP

I end up with 309W on the Garmin which is the same in the workout builder. But when I try for warm-up:

Warmup 2x
- 30s 90% MMP 8m
- 2m 60% FTP

The 30s burst should be at 293W according to workout builder, but on the Garmin itself it’s 563W. I thought it might take the 30s interval from the 30s MMP and not the 8min one, but the workout builder shows the watts as intended, only on the Garmin device it’s off.

Screenshot from 2021-06-24 16-03-25

Aha! Fixed. Will deploy Friday AM (GMT+2). Tx for the info.

Err…My apologies, haven’t checked the forum in the past days.

What @Leszek_Prozorowicz said, Workouts - Workout Comparison.

In the meantime, tested it on roller (Tacx Antares) with powermeter (P2M NGEco) and it’s great to have these data on one screen :slight_smile:

how to import garmin plan from garmin connect to intervals.icu

1 Like

Hi David! I’ve had great success with this. I love how flexible this makes my training whether it’s doing it indoors on zwift or just from my head unit or taking it on the road. Great stuff!

But what about going the other direction? What if I use a Garmin Training Plan that populates my Garmin Connect Calendar? Can that be pulled into Intervals.icu so I can see the projected loads and impacts to fitness?

Thanks in Advance! Happy to be a part of this community.

2 Likes

Tx! I didn’t know Garmin Connect could generate plans, I have only ever used it as a way to get my rides elsewhere. I filled in my current FTP and created an intermediate/advanced century plan. Unfortunately the Garmin API endpoints are not returning those workouts, only ones created by Intervals.icu.

I also tried the ical link but it only includes the title of each workout, no description. There is also no TSS or distance or anything else I can extract for “future fitness”.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Garmin Connect//ICalProvider 1.0//EN
VERSION:2.0
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20210703T085156Z
SUMMARY:Zone 2 Aerobic
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20210703
UID:20210703T131548Z-361177456@kc3xpa-conctcalendar000.garmin.com
END:VEVENT

Thanks for looking into it! Guess I’ll just have to duplicate the plan on Intervals and let that drive things.

Hi! Is there a way to export workouts to Garmin Connect in a ready-to-use format? Because now it’s just a plain text (see screenshots: native vs imported form the intervals.icu) :frowning:

That is how it displays but it should sync to your Garmin device and be usable there.

2 Likes