Upload planned workouts to Garmin Connect

I can see that it is skipping some of yours. I have to go ride now but will figure out why when I get back.

1 Like

Aha you have “Upload planned workouts: Outdoor” in /settings and those skipped workouts are marked as indoor.

Hi,
how did you add SUF calendar/workouts to intervals.icu with the nice chart at the bottom? :slight_smile:

thanks!

Ups. What a shame kkkk sorry
No idea why I did it …
Anyway thank you.

1 Like

I don’t think he did it automatically - they are all available here : https://github.com/bdcheung/zwift_workouts

And then you can add them manually to your calendar.

2 Likes

This got done:

2 Likes

Hi, I have started porting my structured workouts to intervals from the software that I still use for a short time. I started running but found some problems:

1. training with watts the reference of the ftp is that of the bike, it would be useful to have an ftp field for running. Otherwise I would not know how to manage the two data separately, bike and run.
  2. alternatively the pace parameter would be missing, I found only watts (referring to the bike) HR and Cadenza. They would be fine but they should be customized for each ride and in addition to add the pace.
    I wanted to know if I am wrong in something or is it really so and these characteristics would be missing?
    Thank you

I have running power on the todo list which will include running FTP. Specifying workouts by pace is also on the list. For now you need to include that info in the workout description and estimate the load manually.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
one question regarding the filter for Garmin workout uploads. If I want to send only certain workouts to Garmin, can I place a special word in the title? My idea was that I add “(Garmin)” to the title and add the name filter “Garmin”. But this doesn’t work, ALL workouts are synched. Thanks in advance for any tipps.
Cheers
Boris

Unfortunately the .fit file received from Garmin doesn’t have the name of the activity (e.g. as on Garmin Connect). The name is actually created by Intervals.icu based on the time of day of the activity and its type (“Morning Ride” etc.).

I should probably remove name from the filter there.

1 Like

Thank you David for the fast reply. But are we talking about the same? I want to send the file from Intervals to Garmin. Means Intervals knows the name I chose for the workout and the name arrives in Garmin too. Without any interaction from my side, the planned workout for Saturday named “Fartlek” is as Fartlek in the Garmin calendar too. Mhh, so the alternative for sending only certain workouts to Garmin ist to export the erg file(?) manually?
Cheers
Boris

Sorry I miss-understood. I forgot to implement planned workout name filtering when I added name to the activity filters. I have fixed this and will deploy tm.

1 Like

When I upload a workout using % of MMP for power, the numbers are way to high.

Everything is working fine with % of FTP.
Is there workaround?

Thanks!

I will look at this. The watts should match the watts shown in the editor. Are you uploading for yourself or another athlete? There is some complexity there.

Thanks for your ultra fast response as always!
It’s from a training plan with multiples athletes.

Can you please send me a link to the athlete who had the problem. Tx.

https://intervals.icu/athlete/5681626/activities

I tried for myselft too and was having the same problem.

I haven’t been able to figure out what is going on here. It works fine for me even with one of your workouts. I downloaded your data and I am sending the correct data to Garmin Connect. So I have deployed some additional logging to try see whats up.

This is your upcoming 4h easy uploaded via Intervals.icu to my Garmin … the power is correct:

Thanks for your help!

The problem seems to happen with more complex workouts like the over-under.

Just to make sure, if I want to prescribe 5 minutes intervals at 85% of MMP 20 minutes I write:

• 5m 85% MMP 20m
    ?

And if I want to prescribe MMP for power in second, I write:

• 6s 85% MMP 10s

?

Thanks!

For those who are not satisfied with Garmin Edge’s built in workout display, there is a probably better (and configurable) setup proposed to athletes by TrainerRoad (sorry for the competitor link) :

https://www.trainerroad.com/blog/garmin-edge-the-best-head-unit-setup/

The basics they are proposing (again - configurable) is like this:

Sidenote: on a Garmin Edge 530 I couldn’t find step avg power, so I’ve replaced it w/ lap power.

KR,
Andras

2 Likes