Tp2intervals - Copy TrainingPeaks and TrainerRoad workouts\plans to Intervals

This app would be a dream for me (and all my trainingplans in TP)

When I try to log in I get: TrainingPeaks: Access denied

Tried with my Auth Cookie, clearing cookies, but it’s always this error message:

Not sure what I’m doing wrong!
Thx

That value is quite big, maybe you didn’t copy everything.
What browser did you use to copy cookie value?
I know Firefox a little tricky. In dev console it cuts value and put (three dot symbol) in the middle of the value. You have to copy it from right-click menu → Copy all or Copy value, to get right value.

E.g. my real cookie value length is 1751 characters (seems may vary from 1750-1760), from Firefox (copied with three dots) is 1040 characters.

If you still going to have issue. I have a TP account created for tests, I can send you login/pass and cookie value just for the test.

1 Like

Oh, it was indeed Firefox, that gave me a string of 1041 chars when selecting and copying the string directly, clicking the string it’s laying out all chars.
Thx for helping!

Thanks for your help. That worked! I came across a couple of issues…

i) I couldn’t access my training plans or folders through my coaching account. I added the different cookies and got green confirmations for both.
ii) When I shared my plans and workout folders with my free athlete account I could import to Intervals - So, overall success! I managed to get plans and workouts into Intervals. Until, that is, I received the following error:

Error while extracting response for type [java.util.List<org.freekode.tp2intervals.infrastructure.platform.trainingpeaks.library.TPWorkoutLibraryItemDTO>] and content type [application/json;charset=utf-8]

So, I wasn’t able to finish the transition.

iii) I was only able to bring in the workouts as a plan (in intervals) and as such when I opened the plan it loads every workout into a single day (700+ workouts) in the plan view. I can drag and drop each workout into an Intervals workout folder, but this will take some time - Is there a way to bring across TP folders (e.g. I have folders for swim, bike and run workouts in TP amongst others like S&C, yoga, xterra, XC, etc.) into to Intervals folders.

Thank you ever so much. Version 0.5.2 worked.

(I’m using FF v110.0 and it worked for me (on Ubuntu 22.04.2))

All requests to TP simulated from athlete POV. I never tested it from a coach account. Maybe later on I will try to adapt it for coach too.

I would assume there is a workout without name. I will handle it.

Yes, sure. I will fix it, it’s pretty easy.

1 Like

New version 0.5.3 is available on GitHub

• Fixed copying workouts from library without name
  • Fixed copying libraries as a folder not as plan, if folder selected

I hope it fixed

It should be fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bit of a numpty question but where do I find the TrainingPeaks Authorisation cookie? I’ve had a look but can not see where to find it. I’m on a Mac. Cheers. Dave

Hello, I am looking for assistance to install this on a mac. I downloaded the 216MB DMG file, however, I get an error message when trying to install it. The message is …
tp2intervals cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified … eject disk image or cancel.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Believe this is due to it being download from internet and Mac gatekeeper or FileVault (I dunno what it’s called) will cause this alert

It should be something on your settings. Security that can be changed on the Mac.

Can’t remember what/where it is exactly.

1. System preferences
  2. Security & Privacy tab.
  3. Click on the lock icon and enter the password to make the desired changes.
  4. Change to “Allow apps downloaded from”

Hi,

Thanks for putting this app together. I have a TrainerRoad account, and I’m having difficulty in identifying the cookie:

I’m copying from TrainerRoadAuth= all the way to the semi-colon, and I’m getting the following error:

This is telling me I’m probably not grabbing the information from the correct location. Can you help?

Thanks.

cy

You are doing all right., seems TR has different values for cookie than I expected.
I removed strict validation for TR configuration, you can now download version 0.5.4

Check this out [IMPLEMENTED] Push workout to Wahoo - #87 by nasatt
Also, sometimes seems you need to update page few times [IMPLEMENTED] Push workout to Wahoo - #104 by Zen_Turtle

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! I was able to set the cookie, and now I’m receiving this error when trying to import planned workouts:

Note: originally, I did not complete anything in the first section, copy workout, and I received the same error. I went ahead and selected a drop down item from it to see if it would change anything, and I received the same error.

Thanks!

cy

Edit: I was able to import a workout from TR to Intervals, so that works! Thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get this to work yet…

Here’s my athlete account workout folders in TP that I’ve shared from my coaching account…

You can see two Bike folders.

Here’s what I see when trying to copy plan from tp2intervals…

Screenshot from 2024-04-05 10-17-15

When I try to copy the first ‘plan’, Bike (folder), I get the following error:

Error while extracting response for type [java.util.List<org.freekode.tp2intervals.infrastructure.platform.trainingpeaks.library.TPWorkoutLibraryItemDTO>] and content type [application/json;charset=utf-8]

I am able to copy the second ‘plan’, Bike (folder), but it’s the folder with only 15 workouts.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Go to developer option in browser settings and try follow the screenshot from the post linked above.

Edit: I’m using Brave Browser
Settings > more tools > developer tools
Then select the ‘network’ tab and ‘all’.

I don’t have these options in TrainingPeaks - is that because I am not paying for a subscription but using the free service?

These are browser setting rather than TP settings. The auth cookie isn’t subscription dependent.

The free service has some limitations, like only being able to load certain information, eg. adding/removing notes is a premium function.

The plan folder is limited to 5 workouts, for a free account. I’m not sure if that’s just viewing 5 workouts, or 5 in total.

I do like the option to sync a planned workout to TP, for it to then push to Zwift.

I can’t reproduce the issue. I surely need logs to understand what’s wrong.
Do you run AppImage executable on Ubuntu?

This project was the final piece that was missing for me to finally switch platforms :slight_smile:

Great work! I had a flawless experience copying my workout library and training plans saving me tons of manual work.

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like