Today's ride not syncing from strava

I recorded a ride this morning using my garmin forerunner which synced it OK to strava afterwards. All seems OK on strava however the ride isn’t showing up on intervals.icu and neither can I upload the .fit file (admittedly this was downloaded from Strava too).

Uploading a .gpx file works however - though I’d prefer not to do this for the usual warning about granularity.

Is there anything I can do to debug this myself?

1 Like

You aren’t a supporter, so you are limited in what gets uploaded. Some things you can check yourself:

1. Have you logged in at least once in the last 28 days?
  2. Try click on download all activities (in settings).

If this doesn’t work, it could be something else that David will confirm.

1 Like

Hey Gerald

I am most definitely a supporter :slight_smile: image

I log on and have activities streaming from Strava almost every day - so today’s “failure” is a new thing and since uploading the .fit file failed silently (it accepted the upload but did nothing), I suspect there’s some issue with the contents of the .fit file itself.

1 Like

in that case, send an email to @david w/ the fit file.

where’s the original FIT file? from your forerunner that is. Does that work to upload to Strava? (you need to delete the ride from strava else it won’t let you re-upload as it’s a duplicate)

Strange, there’s no supporter star next to your name on this topic.

1 Like

I can see 3 activities for you today (upload “Asa no tsukin” and 2 from Garmin Connect). The uploaded one did get synced from Strava eventually but then it was deleted as a duplicate. You can do Options → Show deleted activities on the calendar page to see this.

If you delete your upload you should be able to click on the Strava one to undelete it.

Generally if you do upload an activity manually it is best to use the fit file downloaded from Garmin Connect.

Hi @david - ahh OK, I understand. Thanks, I’ll be sure to watch out for this in the future - and maybe exercise some patience. :slight_smile:

Now, I deleted the ride I uploaded and then “un-deleted” the strava ride … but I don’t see the ride at all anymore? :slight_smile: It seems to have completely disappeared (ride’s done a runner? heh)

On that note - is there an option to “resync” rides from strava?

It could take a moment for the workout to undelete. Should show up a bit later.

Though I don’t see the rides on the “calendar” page … I can see them from the “fitness” page and launch them.

I think there’s a 3rd factor in garmin connect rides causing some “contention” too … I’ve deleted the GC ride and hit the “Reload from Strava” option for the strava ride. Let’s hope it now shows back up on the “calendar” page.

Can you see the ride in the List View?
It might be filed as a commute and if you don’t have the checkbox for commutes checked, it would not be visisble in the calendar view.

It is as @MedTechCD says (tx). The “Asa no tsukin” ride is a commute so you need to tick that box to see it.

Ahh off course … :slight_smile: Thank you, thank you!

There are other reported cases of ride now showing up on intervals and other platforms.

I ran a test and noticed that Strava web hook is not working as it should.

That could be an issue.

Having the same issue. Ride isn’t showing up. Tried doing all of the above (manually uploading .fit, resyncing permissions with Strava) but nothing. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: the “download old data” trick worked

1 Like

Not receiving webhooks after July 1st at midnight CEST

https://groups.google.com/g/strava-api/c/Hmu2IaUCOGI/m/RHN8bgd1BQAJ

https://groups.google.com/g/strava-api/c/B261girAoIc/m/6oePRNZRBQAJ

1 Like

I’m having the same issue - not uploading to intervals or Trainer Road calendar.

1 Like

Same here. My run from today hasn’t synced but is on Strava

Hello,

Try the DOWNLOAD OLD DATA button trick:

Tx for investigating. It seems to be working fine since 16h00 (GMT+2) July 2nd.