Synching workouts with Hammerhead Karoo 2.0

I love intervals.icu and vastly prefer it to Trainingpeaks. However, it would seem that the only way to send future workouts to the Hammerhead Karoo is through TP. At TP’s end, this requires a premium membership, which I really don’t want to do. I realize this probably requires a new API, but is it in the plans? I would really prefer to do all my planning and analysis through intervals.icu! If it is planned, I could live with uploading one day at a time into TP until the icu is able to handle it.

thx for a great product

6 Likes

Tx. I have been in contact with them and I need to provide a TP compatible “workout of the day” endpoint and then they would need to do (a little) work on their end. Unfortunately they don’t have an open API that I can use to push the workouts from Intervals.icu.

I will probably get this done at some point because that will make it easier for platforms that already support TP to pull workouts from Intervals.icu but I can’t give a firm timeframe.

6 Likes

Thanks so much for the reply. I’m looking forward to using my new toy, but I’ll miss the ease of using Intervals.icu for the day to day workouts. For now I’ll just have to manually recreate them in TP. I’ll keep using icu for my planning and analysis.

Keep up the great work. I’m not going anywhere!

1 Like

How about Karoo uploading workouts to intervals.icu directly?

That is less likely unfortunately.

Any updates on this? Thinking about getting one myself would be nice if I dont have to go through TP

1 Like

Hi I have just transitioned from Garmin 810 to a Karoo 2.
I have linked my free Strava account into Intervals and it automatically uploads from my Karoo 2 via my broadband when I get home. I also have it set it to include via my free TP account into my WKO+ account.

Hi,

I think you mean your completed workouts syncing to TP and Strava(then to Intervals)…

The OP is looking to sync workouts FROM intervals into the Karoo.

1 Like

Cross-posting from the Hammerhead forum:

If you know how to use Python, you can try this Python app I put together to get today’s workout from intervals.icu and push it to your Karoo. It’s not supported and it might break in the future if Hammerhead change their APIs, however this might be a feasible workaround while we wait for official integration from Hammerhead.

There’s a sizeable caveat: you have to be in the workouts menu of your Karoo in order to see the workout. As soon as you run the app and you click on either Sync on your Karoo 2 or on the Hammerhead Dashboard, the workout gets removed again.

3 Likes

Hammerhead released a new firmware update this week which allows for uploading ZWO/FIT workout files to the Hammerhead dashboard. I’ve updated the karoosync app from the previous post to leverage the new feature, making it much easier to use this sync workouts from intervals.icu to a Karoo bike computer.

6 Likes

Can you give us some instructions on how to set this up for a lay person that isn’t a computer programmer? I looked quickly at your December post and I’m not really clear what I would need to do to get it working to push the workouts to the karoo.

Are you installing it on your computer or actually on the Karoo device?
Do you have to run karoosync every time you want to get a workout over to the karoo?
I’m sure this isn’t the case as that would seemingly be more complicated than just downloading the file from intervals.icu and then dragging and dropping it over into the Karoo Dashbard.

Thanks for your work on this.

It’s installed on the computer, nothing needs to be installed on the Karoo.

The Getting Started section on GitHub - bakermat/karoosync: Push intervals.icu workouts to Hammerhead Karoo devices has the steps, however if you don’t have pip yet you would have to follow this guide first. pip is a common way to easily install Python applications.

You’re correct in that if it’s a one-off sync you might just upload a file directly to the Hammerhead dashboard. The way I use it is to sync all my upcoming workouts in intervals.icu in one go to the Karoo 2.

not sure if this is being pursued, a workaround due to a recent Suunto/Hammerhead collaboration enabled sync from Hammerhead workouts to Suunto, and then you can send that workout to i.i from Suunto, just in case it is worth a try :wink:

3 Likes

I just gave that a go and it works! I manually told Hammerhead to upload my most recent ride to Suunto. Need to see if it does that automatically next time. Tx.

3 Likes

Late to this thread, apologies if I’ve misunderstood, but I exported a ZWO file from intervals.icu then uploaded it to Karoo dashboard. It looks to have synced to the head unit as expected.
Solved?

Looking for the same automation. Syncing completed workouts to intervals.icu works flawlessly, but:

• unrelated, but shows the lack of integrations: syncing Strava routes to hammerhead needs login to the dashboard
  • Auto-Upload of planned workouts from intervals.icu to Hammerhead and then to my K2 would be amazing

I have been in contact with them and when this is possible they are going to let me know. They don’t have an API that Intervals.icu can use to do this at the moment.

4 Likes

Good afternoon.
I use Hammerhead K2 device and I have known your page, which I find very interesting; but when I try to upload the training to the hammerhead board it gives me these messages:
Here is an example of training:
Warmup

• 20m ramp Z2 HR

3x

• 5m Z4 HR
  • 1m Z2 HR

cool down

• 20m ramp Z2 HR

When I add .fit document: “Failed to parse field: {field}={value}”
When I add .zwo document: “Missing target on step: SteadyState”

Could it be due to an incompatibility problem?
Sorry for my English.
Greetings.

I don’t know what Hammerhead expects in fit and zwo files but that is a simple workout so I am surprised that it doesn’t work. Intervals.icu only supports zwo for power based workouts. But the fit one should work. Maybe you could try ask their support?