Sync changes to title and notes from Garmin Connect to Intervals.icu

I’ve only recently started using Intervals.icu. I’m still going through the learning curve, so forgive me if I’m doing something wrong. I realise this or related issues have been discussed already on the forum (e.g. here) but I’m unsure whether a solution is available.

I’m using a Garmin device and Garmin Connect. After recording a new activity, I routinely edit the title and add notes in Garmin Connect. When Intervals.icu brought over my past activities they have the correct, edited titles. However, when I edit the title of a new activity on Garmin Connect it does not update in Intervals.icu.

My notes for each activity do not appear in Intervals.icu at all, not even for past activities that it has retrieved from Garmin. (Should they appear in “Description” or “Notes”? They don’t appear in either.)

Is the only workaround to copy/paste the title and notes when I make a change? And is there a way to get my notes across for my past Garmin activities?

Just FYI, I was using Runalyze previously, where changes to Title and Notes in Garmin Connect appear almost instantly. But I’m willing to live with this limitation as Intervals.icu seems more powerful and customizable in every other respect.

AFAIK… no solution exists except you can change it in Strava and it will reflect here. (But not Garmin)

This is my solution to this situation.
I pull the data from Intervals.icu, then make the edits within the app, and then the changes sync back to Strava + Garmin Connect.

So, 1 edit, 3 sites gets the data.

Thanks for that, but unfortunately I’m not an Apple user, so Breakaway isn’t an option for me. But your post gave me the idea that I could get my past notes from Runalyze. I’ll have to look into the import/export options on both sides.

For PAST notes, I think if you request for Garmin Download OLD data, it might be available as well.

Note: the breakaway app you linked above is NOT the same as the BreakAway: Indoor Training app referenced.

Hold on a sec - i have seen on multiple occasions in the Intervals forums that name changes in Garmnin Connect are not synced to Intervals, and that only the original activity name (automatically generated by GC) is synced.

But what @Paul_Maguire is saying is 100% correct: Runalyze DOES sync subsequent name changes in Garmin connect - i.e. the activity sync, with its default GC name, syncs immediately after it is finished, and that a name change in GC later on will also sync.

If Runalyze can do this, how come Intervals can’t? I would love it, it would seriously reduce the admin necessary to maintain data in Intervals!

Because Intervals is not allowed access to the Garmin Connect API.