Strava sync to become a paid feature (paused)

@david maybe Garmin is the better choice, a lot of activities are not splitted like most Zwift rides in Strava (warmup/race/cooldown).

But… When connecting Garmin we have a lot of additional activities, because Strava/Zwift and Garmin Indoor ride is not the same and intervals does not recognize as the same.

Do we have the possibility only to upload new Garmin activities, beginning from an individual date?

Too bad Coros is not genuinely responding to the API requests. Uploading my Coros watch recorded swims & runs via Strava has just been more convenient than uploading manually, but I’d be happy to switch to Dropbox if that helps.

I use Wahoo RGT/SYSTM for indoor rides and a TICKR HR for some other stuff and outdoor rides. I’ve already clicked the download Wahoo activities in Settings, so that should be fine.

Thanks to all the new (and old) subscribers. There has been quite a big uptick.

That should be ignored already.

Not at the moment. Intervals.icu will download 87 days of old data. But you can use the activity list view to quickly delete the duplicate activities.

All your activities have loaded and I re-analysed them in order. You still have lots of dots at the start of each season but thats normal because records are per season.

6 Likes

symlink is a great idea. Thanks. Ashamed I didn’t think of that myself!

1 Like

Agree, way too many good apps/sites get discontinued because of lack of financial support. If my being a supporter reduces the risk of Intervals.icu being dropped by even 0.1%, that is already worth it.

I get the sense that @david didn’t want to be pushy for getting people to subscribe or put features behind a paywall and this was as much a passion project vs a business. My main comment was around making it perfectly clear what being a supporter ultimately meant and making this easy to see when people first hit the site.

I also agree with this, I think the new user experience could probably be streamlined even more to show off the unique features

3 Likes

@david Can we get a PayPal option for the subscription payment ?

Mik

Paypal was the “before” option. .but paypal fees is really really very high.
For some of my apps, USD0.99, i end up getting like USD0.50-0.60c back after all the fees.

I think stripe is much lesser. (There’s a previous thread about this switch)

2 Likes

I don’t mind paying since I get at least £3 a month of value from Intervals. While I think I could get by with a combo of Dropbox and Garmin sync, Strava is currently where everything ends up so it’s easier for me to point everything at Strava.

I do “coach” using Intervals but just for my wife… I am setting her training plan etc using Intervals, which is really convenient (one reason I am happy to pay). I already have to manually upload her Zwift rides to Strava (which probably covers 80-90% of relevant activities) so I can easily change that to Dropbox sync instead - but as above it would be nice if “coaches” could get some way to add extra users, cos it would obviously be a lot more convenient.

Doesnt’s Zwift already uploads to Strava? Did you not enable that connection?
Dropbox sync is the way to go.

Yes, that’s how it works for me - but she’s Zwifting on my account on my bike, I guess I didn’t make that clear…

1 Like

ah… then yeah… that’s gonna be a pickle then…

I use WorkOutdoors for all of my outdoor activities and some indoor, such as weight lifting, etc. Though, I’m currently syncing that to Strava then to intervals.icu.

I asked my coached athletes to pay for intervals. It’s the least they can do for the value they get from the platform.

Record your xert workout on your garmin head unit. That way you can upload to intervals but will need to delete duplicate in xert if both upload.

Sure, but my “coached athlete” is my wife and apparently I already spend way too much on cycling?

Like I said I will pay for myself but I’ll just have to upload hers manually I think.

Want to help too, but when I disconnect my Strava en move to Garmin connect, I get a message that old downloaded data will also been deleted from i.icu. How can I move to GC and not lose historic data?

Drop the sync from Strava, don´t disconnect.

@david Im not sure I totally understand what you are saying, is it:

1. You need to be a Strava premium user for you to now use the API from them?

2. You can have a free Strava account and be an intervals supporter for it to work?

3. You need to be both Strava premium and an intervals supporter for it to work?

I think it’s 1 but not totally clear to me.

If paying for Strava fixes the issue I’ll just do that as normally pay anyway.

If that’s only a sticky plaster then what is the best solution for someone who does just as much training on Zwift as outdoors with a Garmin and uses tv for Zwift.

it’s #2

Intervals.icu has reached Strava API limit so for lower the # of API calls David decided to keep Strava sync only for intervals subscribers. that will lower the # of API calls and “solve” the problem.

if you don’t want/can’t pay for intervals you can enable Garmin sync for your outdoor rides and:

• double recording on your Garmin device Zwift rides
    or
  • export (manually via the website since you are running Z on appleTV) fit file from Swift to intervals
4 Likes

1 Like