Strava sync to become a paid feature (paused)

I went ahead and disabled my Strava connection, but still have Garmin Connect enabled which is where things were going first anyway for me. My chain was Upload ride to Garmin Connect → Strava → Intervals.icu. By disabling Strava and connecting just Garmin Connect, should I expect rides uploaded directly to Garmin Connect to get added to Intervals.icu?

Mainly asking because I can’t seem to get the sync from GC → Intervals to work, unless maybe it is going in batches and I just need to be patient? Or do I need to start manually uploading my rides from GC to Intervals?

4 Likes

Would the intervals be able to synchronize with the BRYTON, IGPSPORT, XOSS brand? I believe that today here in Brazil they are the most used brands after Garmin and Polar, and xoss and igp have the same app base, I even believe it is the same developer. It would be possible? This way, I would be able to significantly reduce strava dependency for other users.

1 Like

If I can use this thread as an opportunity to ask if it is possible to add support for Paypal in the stripes payment ? I don’t have a credit card so I’ve been using Patreon for years but if more of my money can get directly to the platform it will be all benefit.

1 Like

So for TR users, you could just download the .fit files from the TR workout and then manually upload it (for indoor workouts)?

I guess you could do the same from Wahoo - if they get exported to dropbox. I just tried it from training peaks and it didn’t really work (i have the free version of TP).

I would love to drop Strava completely - the only reason I still have it is to sync to TR and to intervals.

Same question for me.

1 Like

Removed the Strava-connection, now it’s Garmin (paid subscription btw)

I did a bit of reading on the site here and it seems like there are some issues with the Garmin API not liking duplicate requests, so I did a disconnect and reconnect of Garmin Connect, and also ensured that all my rides posting to Garmin are marked as available for Everyone (was defaulted to Private for me). I have my ride home around 4PM EST and can test if the connection works then and will report back.

I just tested it, disconnected Strava and connected Garmin Connect, did a 7 second walk with my watch and it uploaded to Intervals, success!

2 Likes

I just noticed, the Garmin data has me in the danger zone for training, I was in green with Strava. I’m going to quess it is the swimming data, but don’t know why.

Just moved my Strava Premium Sub to Intervals Paid sub, and saved a few bucks on the way ( sounds like a Gecko commercial ) definitely more usable data here.
Thanks for all you have done and continue to do !

1 Like

I am only using the Strava connection to get my Rouvy workouts into intervals.icu. Did I understand correctly that if I delete my Strava account, every activity fetched from Strava will be deleted here? I find this very irritating. In my opinion I own my data and decide what happens with it, not Strava.

1 Like

Yes, correct.

You do own the data, but you give them permission to use the data. It’s on the T&Cs.
https://www.strava.com/legal/terms

2 Likes

The disclaimer that linking to Strava could affect data availability if unlinked had me looking at the other integrations. I appreciate that transparency, and the communication about this change.

I am using RunGap and HealthFit to sync activities / health data into intervals and have been satisfied with the result.

After playing with Intervals for a month, I was happy to subscribe last week!

I’ve now disconnected Strava as it’s in Garmin anyway.

Any solution for Coros users?:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

When uploading activities from Garmin instead of Strava, how we are able to exclude ANY history data before activating Garmin activity upload?

Looks like switching to paid intervals.icu last month while letting my Strava premium lapse was the move.

2 Likes

I stopped synching from Strava and will use RunGap…

Yep, can confirm this worked for me as well. Yay!

Are there plans to have Zwift sync to intervals directly? Another work around ( on iOS) is to download RunGap and get a swag bag (13,- per year). The. You can almost sync anything with intervals.