Strava sync to become a paid feature (paused)

I can see a couple of “dups” e.g. on the 30th Oct 2022. The rides are not exactly the same so maybe dual recorded? You need to delete the one you don’t want or do Actions → Settings and tick the “Ignore time and distance” on one of them.

2 Likes

I think it will go back 87 days and after that only new activities.

In case it helps: You can set your Dropbox client on your PC or Mac to monitor the Zwift/activities folder and automatically upload them to Intervals.icu. This saves you the roundtrip through Strava. I could imagine similar solutions with other virtual cycling apps. Works like a charm with me. And happy to support Intervals.icu as a subscriber. Please continue the great work on this service!

3 Likes

What would happen if all free users start paying? Is there any way to increase the rate limit?

3 Likes

I download a fit file of the activity from Xert into a Dropbox folder, which you can select in intervals.icu, works perfectly.

Wouldn’t there be a way for intervals to create value for accounts belonging to trainers and for trainers to be entitled to an amount of students using STRAVA? It would be easier for the trainers than each student paying individually.

Another suggestion would be to make a call, request, or the platform itself, to uncheck the STRAVA download for the user who already uses synchronization by Garmin, polar, wahoo. Thus, making room for users who use other GPS models and need STRAVA.

3 Likes

I don’t know if that was answered already, but is there a possibility to filter all workouts that would be deleted on intervals if I would delete my strava account? I don’t want to do that at the moment, but it would be nice to be a little bit more independent of the strava service.

Already found it. Filter for source on activities list view.

2 Likes

Is it possible to have sync from Trainer Road? I don’t see that as an option to select from the apps.

If you use a third party like Rouvy for cycling, which does sync to Garmin, but Garmin doesn’t pass 3rd party activities to Intervals, that’s where Strava comes in, Rouvy —> Strava —> Intervals. If you also record your Rouvy ride on your Garmin device, then you don’t need Strava.

I imagine you’ll also lose the link to the strava ride in the top right (which tbh is the main feature I use other than for zwift) and also the segment info

2 Likes

This is what I came to ask, if you stop activity sync, can you still do activity match?
Secondly, if you could get listed as a target for Zwift to push to (and pull workouts from) directly?

2 Likes

Is it possible to allow each user to generate their own Strava API key, and input that into intervals?

3 Likes

Hey! And what if we connect Strava with Dropbox using IFTTT or ZAPIER. And then, connect Intervals with dropbox.
The time to upload the activitie its gonna be longer, but I think that can be a solution…

1 Like

That isn’t likely. Currently less than 5% of active users are supporters. As far as I know there is no way to increase the Strava rate limit.

Thats a great idea. I will see what I can do about that. I understand this Strava thing is a big problem for coaches.

Unfortunately not. It’s part of the Strava terms of service to use their API. Your best bet is to get all of your raw files and keep them somewhere other than Strava (e.g. Dropbox). Then you can also easily get them into Intervals.icu (and likely other services).

The linking to Strava activities and syncing of segments and name etc. onto matching activities requires Strava download. I have been in contact with Zwift and they said no. Generally Intervals.icu is too small for the big players.

Unfortunately those users would be breaking the Strava API term of service (you aren’t supposed to let 3rd parties use your API key) and Strava might get upset with Intervals.icu for facilitating that.

If you can get your files into Dropbox that will certainly work. Even if you just use Strava’s “Download original” button and save to a Dropbox folder.

1 Like

I’m curious about IFTTT/Zapier also. Please let me know how you get this pipeline to work!

3 Likes

I hope this change creates a nice and extremely well earned and deserving bump in revenue for you!!

26 Likes

I’m using it for my home automation, but curious too to see it work like suggested.

No problem, I love the platform after testing it for free the last few weeks, now I’m happy to support it

2 Likes