Strava segments

Hi David,

I see on some of my workouts that the Strava segments appear at the bottom of the chart and on some workouts they don’t. As I usually target strava segments this would be really useful to be able to see.

Thanks

Unfortunately sometimes Strava sends through activities before the segments are available. I need to introduced a processing delay or similar to work around this.

2 Likes

Any estimate of when this will be solved?

I have added 10 sec delay on processing new activities from Strava webhook notifications. Will deploy Thurs AM (GMT+2) and then we will have to see if that works. I don’t know how long it takes Strava to sort out the segments.

I don’t want to make the delay too long because that will cause problems when people edit the name of an activity on Strava soon after uploading and so on.

1 Like

This is live now and seems to be working. I looked at about 5 newly created activities and they all had segments.

1 Like

Yes, it is working fine now. Thanks!

1 Like

Is it possible to see segments in Intervals.icu? Nothings showing up here. Connected to Strava and Connect. Maybe there lays the problem? Thank you.

Yes unfortunately you only get those if you connect just to Strava. I could possibly link them up to the Garmin activity but would still need to delete them if you ever disconnected Strava. Have added that to the todo list.

1 Like

¿Puedes poner alguna captura de pantalla de cómo se ven?
Yo no los he ido nunca.
Gracias

Hey @david
I am experiencing something similar. As I am using a Muscle Oxygen Sensor with my Wahoo Headunit and Strava is not (yet) using the SmO2,THb,… fields I am ingesting the Wahoo .fit files via Dropbox in addition to having Strava connected. Is there any way to also get the Strava Segments in my intervals.icu activities? I consider them as very useful as I often use them to create the intervals for comparison.

Kind Regards and lots of love for your unbelievable work.
Eike

1 Like

Learn to use the power duration curve, and get the power needed for a set duration.

I’m not against what you’re asking for, just trying to share smart ways to train.

If you know your segment time is 1m, look for the power that you can sustain for 50-55s and train to that. That you are also keeping the PDC up to date with fresh data.

I still have that on the list.

1 Like

Hey Gerald, thanks for the input. I wasn’t talking from a training but rather from an analysis standpoint. Just wanted to chime in to @Tom_Moores need, to give it a little more weight. In the end it’s just a convenience thing, nothing „essential“ :heart:.

Kind Regards
Eike

Strava segments are now kept when Strava activities are replaced by activities from other sources.

4 Likes

Amazing, thanks David, been hoping for this as I like the ‘For Segment’ feature

Not sure if it’s worked this morning though:
Garmin
Strava

Only a commute so not important but might be a useful test

It definitely seems to be a bit hit and miss. Am looking into why.

Not had a ride that works for me yet. My combo is Wahoo>Dropbox and Strava.

I didn’t renew my strava subscription yet, will wait for spring now, could that be why?

If you undelete one of your Strava rides on Intervals.icu see if you have segments on it. I don’t think you need to be premium for that.

Oh of course, and I did already test that, doh

Yeah, they do show and I can see them for Zwift rides too

@app4g Is it possible to include strava segment routes on your Breakaway app so that when we do a workout we can try attempting a segment?