Strava no longer syncing with Intervals.ICU

My rides and training sessions are no longer syncing with Intervals.ICU. Is it because there is a limit to the Intervals. ICU free account? No rides are syncing since June 4th. I have checked the application permissions on Strava and Intervals.ICU is checked as active. I use a wahoo roam and push my rides to Strava after which it automatically pushes to Intervals.ICU. Any ideas why it is no longer working? Many thanks for your support.

1 Like
5 Likes

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it, but to be clear, I am not able to fetch my missing activities through settings/in the Strava box on Intervals.ICU. My interface is in French and I don’t have that option. Anyhow, I really appreciate your platforms and I subscribe for three months. I hope I will be able to recover my trainings from June 4th, 2022. I train regularly, about four to five times a week. So I have been using the platform regularly so the 28th days doesn’t apply. I would really appreciate it if you can guide me in recuperating my data from June 4th. Thanks

Try change settings to English and see if that will enable to option? If there is and it works, then that’s a valid bug.

I just had a look at your a/c and I can see lots of activities from June 4th onwards from Strava. Has this issue been resolved?

1 Like

Haven’t had any issues with strava sync for over a year - yesterday I couldn’t get my latest activity to sync so I just did the “Download old data” method and it works fine. I don’t mind clicking the button every now and then, it’s a smart idea to save API calls.

2 Likes

Hi, just pointing out I had/have the same issue. It worked with the ‘download old data’ button.

I still have the issues. ride is not showing without klicking “load old data”. do you have to be supporter maybe?

Same here, new activities do not sync, only with “load old data” can I sync my new data.

There’s an odd problem with Strava sync. Looks like it is a problem at Strava and not Intervals, but still unclear.

I am continuing to investigate this. Very many Strava activities are being created from webhooks and there are very few errors but even 1% missing would impact a lot of people. I have been getting a lot of emails.

2 Likes

No surprise since there was such a big backlash when Strava decided to turn if off. (which they have the rightly have the right to)

:raising_hand_man:part of the 1%.

Not a huge issue as I’ve got Garmin connected.

1 Like

I have found the issue (my fault, not Strava) and have implemented a fix. It will take some time to clear the backlog. While this is in progress I have had to disable processing activity update webhooks from Strava. So name changes and so on on Strava will not show up in Intervals.icu immediately.

12 Likes

Still not working for me

I’m also experiencing this issue. It suddenly started earlier this week after not having any issues for several years.

There are still 76k Stava activities waiting to processed, down from 270k this AM. I have to slow it down now due to rate limits but everything should be cleared up sometime on Friday.

5 Likes

Extraordinary amount. Why is there such a dependency on Strava? I can’t get my head around that, especially because it’s importing to an analysis site and Strava strips some of the file data.

I don’t have Strava linked to this site (I do have a Strava account though). Wahoo to Dropbox to here. Garmin Connect to Dropbox to here when I use my Garmin (I think, although I’m not entirely sure how I get my Garmin files on here it’s so long ago I set it up)

I can think of several

1. Many sport devices has Strava & TP built in as their Sync destinations as priority as these are not tied to major hardware devices brands.
  2. There isn’t much available in terms of services that one can just “link and ignore” like Strava
  3. people are resistance to change. “Already works, why try something new”

Even your Garmin Connect → DropBox, is not supported natively. I think you’ve set it up some time ago. Perhaps thru Tapiriik Sync?

1 Like

Ya that’s it. Garmin is an Edge 500. Connect to phone, transfer to Dropbox and then to Intervals. I’m pretty sure that’s how.

Just to clarify though, I’m not criticizing, I’m genuinely curious as to why there is such reliances on Strava