Strava no longer increasing rate limits

Yes, brought it up earlier as well, David should really look into this.

Thatā€™s a pest !!

Tricky one as thereā€™s so much variation out there now.
And everyone has ā€˜theirā€™ fave ā€˜cloudsā€™ etc etc

Havenā€™t used a Garmin device for a very long time (since Wahoo arrived ā€¦ and then Sufferfest for indoors as well).
Iā€™d love being able to somehow integrate with the stuff I use already jut I totally get the integration issues all round.

Maybe we will also have better raw data from Garmin since Strava have a tendency to overwrite some stuffs or erase other (running power !!!)

Could you get data pulled from Garmin for some and from another system for others ? I know smashrun.com for example pulls data from several web apps. Chris Lukic dƩvelopper of Smashrun is very cool. You might get in touch with him.

21k athletes and 160 people on Patreon ?!!

2 Likes

I would make the activities (workouts etc) and Fitness a premium feature for Patreon (paying) users.

A good week/month structure based on x hours per week, would be a neat feature Iā€™m sure people are willing to pay for.
Maybe fastfitness.tips can help there?

Lots of people have been making once off (hopefully to be repeated!) donations. I have been flagging them as supporters for approximately 1 month per $4 donated.

If I have missed anyone please ping me. I have to do this manually currently.

3 Likes

I have ~30k users (or past users) of my Garmin App (https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/93858c08-0158-4848-805c-a3563efa5f94) and the amount of donation I got was < 50 USD

I really hope mentality will change on this topic.

1 Like

Some people donā€™t seem to understand the amount of work that goes into these tools, itā€™s very sad, considering some would not think twice before spending $$$ on carbon wheels, and then ā€œsavingā€ $4/mo because itā€™s ā€œfreeā€. One coffee a month, that is.

3 Likes

I get my activities twice (Strava and GC). How do I disconnect Strava to free up room for an other user?

I am almost done with support for this. Just implemented replacing Strava activities with ones from Garmin Connect (or manual upload) preserving interval and power edits etcā€¦

Should be deploying all of this on Tuesday AM (GMT+2).

5 Likes

Happy to tell you I am now a supporter, such a fantastic resource.

2 Likes

@david Curious, is this still an issue (Strava API limit vs your user base/count)?

Yes it is. Still no increases from Strava. Limiting full Strava history to supporters and not downloading activities for inactive users created some more breathing room.

1 Like

That would explain why I had to force the sync before it would automatically download again. I had a 4mo injury timeout.

1 Like