Strava link in activity not working

Hello.

I have some activities in intervals.icu in which the Strava link brings me to “The requested activity could not be found” message in Strava. I can see that the link is incorrect (wrong number), but the activity does exist in Strava. The corresponding Garmin connect link works fine.

Why?

I know why this is happening, but I don’t know how to solve it. I have intervals.icu connected to both Garmin and Strava. Also, I have Garmin and Zwift connected to Strava. Whenever I ride on Zwift, Strava gets 2 activities: the one I record with my Garmin watch and the one from Zwift. intervals.icu picks up the activity from Garmin and from Strava, instead of getting the Zwift one (that would give the missing information from Garmin like the map and the actual distance/elevation) picks the replicated one from Garmin. Since on Strava I want to keep the Zwift activity, I normally delete the copy I get from Garmin and this causes the link problem in intervals.icu.

Again, since intervals.icu is already getting the data-rich activity from Garmin, is it possible to have it pick the Zwift one from Strava instead of getting a copy of the Garmin one?

Thank you.

I’ve had this issue. No definite solution.
What i ended up doing is just stopping the garmin way way way later so everthing gets linked up and settled before the garmin gets uploaded. (of course other option is not to dual-record - tho I know some ppl like their CIQ data and vo2max and such)

I tried this today. I let garmin upload only after the strava link from zwift was present. And yet, once the garmin activity showed up on strava, intervals.icu changed the link to that one! And once I erased that activity on Strava the link didn’t work (and didn’t reverse to the previous one).

ah… my case was I’m recording on 2 garmin devices (but only want to keep 1)
Your case is more involved as

#1 zwift → strava → Int.Icu
#2 zwift → garmin Connect → strava → (maybe also to Int.icu)
#3 zwift → garmin connect → Int.Icu XXXX (This doesn’t work, but has a workaround)

Due to this, the Zwift workout and the Garmin workout is being treated as separate workouts (cos they are totally diff, no GPS for one)

in your case, you should have case #1 and #2 and both are feeding into Int.icu. Do they end up as 2 diff activities (even in strava)? (cos 1 w/ gps, the other doesn’t). Theoretically, it should, although I remember something david said where Int.icu looks at the first of the activities (for the day) and links that. something like that.

1 Like

Currently whenever an activity from Strava is received a search is done for a matching activity from other sources. If one is found then it is linked to the Strava activity, segments are copied onto it and the Strava one is deleted. I am not sure how to resolve the “multiple Strava activities” case. At the moment the last one wins. Things are complicated by the fact that the activities can arrive in any order.

Maybe I could link to the Strava activity with more data streams? Presumably this would be the one from Zwift with fake GPS data.

1 Like

I have made the Strava linking favour Strava activities with GPS data. Hopefully that sorts this out.

1 Like

Thank you for wanting to understand @app4g

Actually, it is like this:

#1 zwift → strava → Int.Icu (this is to have virtual GPS data on Strava and int.icu)
#2 garmin Connect → strava → int.icu (this for when I run or bike outside)
#3 garmin connect → Int.icu (this is to get bike dynamic data when riding w/ zwift)

The solution proposed by David should work perfectly! I’ll test it tomorrow. THANK YOU!

2 Likes

@david it didn’t work. The garmin->strava activity got picked up again by intervals instead of the zwift->strava one.

@david Today I let the Zwift data come after the Garmin data and the “right” Strava activity (the one from Zwift) got picked up in the link.

I guess I can use this workaround of having the activity I want in the link to be the last loaded up in Strava.

I have one feature request. When the Zwift/Strava activity gets picked up with GPS data, would it be possible to automatically populate the distance and climbing fields?

Thank you.

@david is there any hope that at least the automatic population of the distance and climbing fields will happen? Thank you