[SOLVED] Garmin actual workout & planned workout skyline chart difference

Hello! Thank you for this wonderful piece of software. It’s been a great first week of trying it out and all the data is so fun to look at.

I’m not sure if what I’m experiencing is a bug. I get my planned workouts uploaded to my Garmin Forerunner 745 however the data when synced back to intervals.icu does not reflect on the original planned workout and generates a new activity instead. My current workaround is just to delete the planned workout but not sure if that affects compliance data etc.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can adjust with my settings as well. Thank you very much!

This looks to me like it’s just the normal Garmin AutoLap at every 1km

The Skyline chart, (I’m presuming the TOP is the actual workout, the botom is th planned) works based on LAPs, hence I’m thinking each individual bar is 1 Auto Lap every 1km

The planned workout does not have these auto-laps. Also, the initial warm-up ramp, it will be averaged out by intervals and shown as a flat bar instead of a ramp.

Will that prevent the activity data being synced to the original intervals.icu planned workout? Thank you!

not sure I understand. Do you mean “pairing” of the completed workout to the planned workout?

If it doesn’t pair automatically, you can manually pair it.

Thank you I got it to pair manually by dragging the activity. Is there a way to automatically pair it or should I reconnect my Garmin to intervals.icu? Thanks!

It should automatically pair so long as the planned workout and completed activity are similar. I am not quite sure why it didn’t in this case. Please see what happens with the next one.

Hi David. I tried it again but it creates another activity. I’ve already reconnected my garmin connect and also start the workout exported to the watch. I just do the recommended drag to combine to sync the activities together.

Thanks!