Search all activities from list view

The activity list view now supports searching all activities for text. The name and description are searched (case insensitive). If the search text starts with a ‘#’ then the tags are also checked.

Click the search button next to the date range selector:

And enter text or a tag to search. You need to type at least 3 characters and up to 100 activities are returned.

Note that the activity filters for the tab still apply to the returned activities.

Click the close icon to return to date range selection.

20 Likes

Thanks David, great work, I just did a search and found a 10 year old activity within a second :+1:

Works with 3 chars, but if I enter more - the result list is empty.

Must be a glitch. I also had it happen but then I searched another word and it just works with more chars. When I searched for the first entry, it then worked fine. Very strange…

Yep, surely some kind of a glitch…

I type Gor in my list and it works as it should:

Then I add the fourth character - Gorb - and see nothing:

But if I hit space and then backspace - voila: the four letter Gorb now works!

UPDATE: I’ve noticed that it only happens if the search term is not the first word of the title or description.

1 Like

Will ask here as i don’t feel this requires its own topic…and this thread is somewhat related.

Is there a way to use the filter for any of the colums shown in the Activities list? (e.g. I use the ‘Trainer’ check box column and i’d like to not include trainer activities in my list in a tab). Currently i sort by that column and that, at least, drives them all to the bottom of the list.

Thanks

Use Gear NOT as filter for example.
Or Activity Type ´not virtual ride´ or…
There´s more then one solution depending on how you file your workouts

1 Like

That is super useful, @david! Thanks for keeping improving Intervals.icu, it’s so much appreciated. I couldn’t reproduce Dorin’s reported glitch, so I believe you fixed it :magic_wand: Kudos! :man_biking:t2:

1 Like

I just fixed a bug that was making this a little buggy! I was missing a toLowerCase() when searching data already returned by the server. Fixed now. Will deploy Friday AM (GMT+2).

2 Likes

hello, great new feature – thanks @david !

It seems I can’t search for tags? The search always returns empty…
example tags that are assigned to activities are: #indoor #Fitx #Technogym

Make sure you have a Date Range where the activity with the searched tag is in. The define your search tag.

thanks for your response.
Date Range is set correctly. Using the Filter Menu → Tags → selecting Tag from dropdown works nicely.

But @david showed that one can also search (search ignores the selected Date Range, and looks at all time?!) for tags. But searching for any #tag does not seem to work…

I think that will only work for text within the activity name.

David showed that is is possible to search for tags specifically. But that does not work on my end. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I don’t think so :slight_smile:

I also tried that and confirm that it isn´t working, with or without #.

1 Like

The issue is that the tag search is case sensitive. I have just fixed this and will deploy Thurs AM (GMT+2). Tx for the report and MedTechCD for investigating.

1 Like