Resting before "Event"

Hey there,

I am not really familiar with planning TSS and stuff…

We will go on a little trip in 4 weeks… 7 days, daily load about 200 to 250 TSS. Would you recommend a complete week off before starting?

This is how it looks today:

Not sure if I should keep on pushing or to start reducing already now…

It’s too early to reduce workload already. Use the plan function and check future Fitness/Form. Make sure you go into your event with a slightly positive form. Around +5 should make you feel like a superstar :smiley: The last 10-12 days before the event should be a Taper, meaning you significantly reduce time on the bike. But keep a small amount of high intensity. No long rides anymore, just short rides with some sprints or a single high intensity effort. That will provide the necessary trigger for the body to keep fitness high all while recovering from the former training.
You will probably come back from the event with a big deficit in form, then take a good revcovery. First week only a couple very low intensity recovery rides. Then pick up your usual training habits.
Good luck on your event!

2 Likes

Thanks mate, great advice! Deeply appreciate it!

PS: Expecting a “nice ride” email from David every day. Sure it will be spectacular :slight_smile:

Did i take your advice seriously? I think I did :stuck_out_tongue:

Kick-off on Friday :beers: