Question: How do I add a coach?

Title says it all: how do I add a coach?

On the Coaches & Followers page it says:
Your coaches can edit your activities, calendar, FTP and training settings

• You do not have any coaches

But I don’t see anyplace where I add a coach. What am I missing?

1 Like

Under “Followers” , send your link to your coach … ( or for that matter, anybody you would like to be followed by … Anybody connected can write comment to any workout … )
Or
Under “Activities” press the Icon showing your follower or choose one of the Coaches David have contact with …

After you have connected, a user shows up under “Follower”, where you can make that user a Coach or just a follower who can view your stats…
A Coach can view all your activities, can comment, can make entries, and can make changes …

3 Likes

Its as Kim said. I need to add some more stuff there to make it clearer.

2 Likes

I added my coach as a follower and made him my coach but he says that he can’t see any of my stats. He added me as a follower but I can’t see him either. We seem to only be able to chat with each other.

Go to “Followers”, click the name of the follower you want to change status for … up pops your options …

I downloaded your data and your coaches data to my laptop so I could see the site from the perspective of your coach and I could see your stats. Are you guys still having problems? Maybe reload the app?

1 Like

Hi David! Hi to everyone!

I am trying to add a friend of mine as a follower, but when he tries to open my link he get back to the homepage. I tried the same with his link, and it’s the same. Am i doing something wrong?

cheers

Open/start a chat with this user and then send an invite to follow. Top right corner of the chat box, I think. They will receive a message, can accept your request and should do the same in return.

I tried and what it pops out is just this:

On the laptop it’s the same…

You are showing the screen from a Group Chat … You have to start a Chat with one user … then choose follow …

Click ‘New chat’ at the top-middle of the left column, then search for the athlete…

Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 05.31.35
Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 05.31.15

(Kim actually is a stand-in for 007 :joy: )

1 Like

Oh jeez thabk you guys, that’s why it isn’t working!! Thank you!!

Tx guys for helping out. I have just added a todo list item to make this easier. This weekend I am going to try knock off a bunch of little things from the list.

3 Likes

Thanks for checking. We did figure it out and it’s great! It’s nice that I can see my coaches numbers as well.

2 Likes

@Kim_Bonde gave me some good suggestions on how to improve the whole follower/following thing and coaches that I will be implementing soon

I apologize, I have invited several athletes. I received notification on the chat but I still don’t see them among the followers and the athletes. I didn’t understand how to do it

I had a look and you have done “Ask to follow” for most of the athletes you have chats with except for Paulo, Donato and Gaetano. You still need to do those. Then each of them need to accept your follow request (they just have to click “Yes” in the chat) and the go to /followers and make you a coach.

This is more complicated than it should be. I will be refactoring it soon. There will still have to be some sort of confirmation step to protect peoples privacy and so on.

1 Like

Thanks for giving Intervals.icu a try for your athletes!

2 Likes

Hi,

My coach (Marcelo Teixeira) appears to me as a coach but he has not been able to add workouts into my calendar.

Any ideas?

Thank you