Question: How do I add a coach?

That should work. Did he try reloading the app after you made him a coach?

Hi,

First of all thanks for you prompt response.
All set but it has raised a doubt:
Now he appears to me as a coach (as per the picture) but not as a follower …
Things have started working after he asks and I accept his invitation to follow me at Strava…
Is there a need for a bidirectional hand shaking on both apps, Strava and Intervals?

Tks,

No Intervals.icu followers etc are completely separate from Strava. When you make someone a coach they move from the followers section into the coaches section. It was probably just a “stale data” thing in the app on your coach’s side. When you load the app it populates the athletes list with yourself and everyone you are following with permissions (coach or follower). This isn’t dynamically updated.

Good to know.
Thank you.

Hi, did you managed this?
I have an athlete, but I can’t put in workouts there.

We restarted all intervals.icu but nothing seems to work. Also different browsers.
I see their data but can’t add workouts.

I can see you are following a couple of people. That just lets you look at their data, not make changes. They need to go to the /athletes page, click on you and select the “Coach” radio button.

Thanks David! It’s working. I took over the screen from one of them I saw it there!

1 Like

@david Asking someone to coach comes with a bit funny text. I coach a couple of athletes and it works very well. Just starting the process is a bit funny. Following is easy. But when someone asks me to coach them the text in the chat is: “XXXX would like to coach you. They will be able to see and edit all of your activities and settings. - YES”
It seems to be totally opposite, but clicking yes gives me all I need.

Hmm. I wasn’t able to reproduce this. My wife removed me (her coach, haha!) from her athletes list, added me back as a coach. I received this in the chat as expected: