[IMPLEMENTED] Push workout to Wahoo

As far as I know the answer is no.

Somebody pointed out that you can export your Intervals individual workout to a .zwo file, import it in TrainerDay, THEN export it to TP, which finally syncs to your Wahoo.
Very disappointing flow.

1 Like

@david , not sure this is still in place and also not sure the following is an issue, but it seems i) wrong and ii) awkward to me:-o)

I’ve this L/R balance chart in my Fitness page:

The actual L/R-balance numbers/ratios shown on the right for the individual rides are correct (same as the ones the Wahoo Bolt shows me on the device’s summary).

However, the actual graph on the chart is kinda strange. Why’s the number of a “L/R balance” now 48–49?
I guess what you are considering to plot is the “L fraction” of power?
i) For me, this graph is the “R fraction” of power.
ii) I guess the graph should have a different axis label… (Numerically, “L/R balance” would be something like 1.05, 1.08, …)

Hmm … then I would need to change what is displayed for the individual activities as well “L/R Balance 52/48”. So thats 52% left 48% right.

Sorry for the “picky” comment.

First, I don’t think there is any issue if you write “L/R balance = 52/48” – in fact, that is strictly;y correct, I’d say;-)

I do understand the issue you have with the “how do I display this graphically” and I could see how you say I only plot one of the two numbers (as the other one is trivially obtained from it as 1 - N).

But with respect to the exchange of numbers above and me wondering about it to begin with, it would be useful if you kinda could specify whether you plot the L or the R part.
From the legend I assumed you plot L, but in the graph you have R.

Whether that’s a mistake in my interpretation of the label or due to the “Wahoo inversion” you mention above is something I cannot decide.

Maybe you could label the axis of that graph as “balance (L fraction)” or “balance (L part)”? (Or use R, obviously;-)

Is this still the only (non-USB) option for syncing plans to Wahoo?
I thought I had read here in the Forum that you can manually copy/upload I.icu plans to TrainingPeaks, but searching for it this post of @Zen_Turtle is the closest I can find😳

hey there. I’ve used this trick for a couple of months, it worked perfectly. I could live with this minor inconvenience of having to put the files onto the device manually. Yet this stopped working with last week’s update of my ROAM. Wahoo support tells me the feature was never official and therefore can’t help me.

I hope my post doesn’t hijack the topic too much, but I wanted to give people who depend on this feature a heads-up. edit: there is an existing thread for this Wahoo bolt and roam / no MRC plan sync

Noooooooo!!! Yep confirmed my custom workouts are now gone from the Bolt also.

Well that answers the question of if it’s worth replacing my Bolt when it dies.

The Bolt is not even visible anymore when conected to my PC… So I can´t even see any folders anymore. Someone with the same issue?

Not me – the Bolt’s directory tree is visible and I can put plans into the directory, but it does not show these on the device anymore, not even after “sync”.

If enough support tickets are logged about this feature disappearing they might bring it back.

I’ve tried the way suggested before : zwo file-trainerDay-Tp, all ok for intervals at steady watt, Ok with ramps but I can’t see intervals with range of power.

I opened a service ticket and the service team will request the software development team - let’s see.
But as said, the more service tickets there are, the more aware they are about it.

1 Like

done right now

I too was hoping that the workouts from Intervals would automatically upload to my Wahoo bike computer. Tried the manual way via USB but does not seem to work fo Mac? When I connect the Wahoo to my mac it never shows up as device so I cannot go inside it and drop the workout file.

Any work around please?

You need android file transfer installed to make android devices show correctly

2 Likes

Thank you so much Lukasz!

Hi all
Any updates here on pushing planned workouts to Wahoo Bolt?
I am able to manually put the workouts in the Elemnt ‘Plans’ folder and get them that way but auto push to Wahoo from .icu would be fantastic
I contacted Wahoo support to see if it’ll ever be possible

The Wahoo API does not currently support uploading planned workouts but this might change at some point. I am going to be adding Wahoo integration for downloading completed workouts soon.

4 Likes

Got a reply from Wahoo

Thanks for raising a request, as it says the more it is requested the higher up the priority list it goes.

Can we determine what we actually require to do this? (Not used my wahoo for structured training before so leaning on you guys/gals)
I don’t think they have the data architecture to do future workouts as AFAIK there is no calendar.
As such do we go down the ‘Workout of the day route’ or do we just want to be able to upload planned workouts and leave the scheduling of uploading/removing to our/intervals side?

Hope that is clear?

Email - WahooAPI@wahoofitness.com.
Request Ticket - https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Skeleton

Hi there,

Could I please request the ability for the Cloud API to support planned workouts.
This feature is severely lacking and creates a much greater headache compared to Garmin to facilitate structured training.

A successful resolution includes:

• Allowing POST requests to upload planned workouts

Thanks,
xxxx

Request I've raised thus far (hopefully find the best channel to send our requests other than the email)

Hi there,

I enjoy the custom alert feature on my Wahoo, however the placing of the Dismiss button being linked to the middle one is a little frustrating and I propose it be moved to the left button.

The reason being is I link the Wahoo to my 12sp Di2 hoods, this doesn’t control the middle button so if I’m descending I have to take my hands off the bars to press the physical wahoo button rather than simply using the hoods button.

Please let me know this request has been received and the likelihood of being implemented.

(Also, could you point me in the best direction to request Cloud API requests? I find it quite ridiculous that there is no automated solution to push planned structured workouts to the device. I know I’m not alone in this as there are many that love the device but considering a switch to Garmin for this feature)

Thanks,
Ben

2 Likes