Power duration above arbitrary value

Hi, relatively new user here, loving it so far!

I also use Golden Cheetah, and I like the power duration curve, which is the average power for an arbitrary duration, however I would also like to know how long I can hold at least X power for any duration. In other words, how long can I hold at least say 400W. What if I want to know how long above say 413W? or 532W?

Is there a way, or function to do this? Its kinda like the MPA available in Xert IIUC.

Thanks

Steve

Shouldn’t this already be available from the chart? There’s the crosshairs which you can point to the power on the Y axis and then look at the duration on the X-Axis.

Or Perhaps there’s something I do not understand from your question.

I think that’s the average power at that duration.

But during, say 30s, say, you may have held 500W for 15s and then dropped to 200W for the other 15s, your average will be 350W, however you may not be able to hold 350W for 30s, depending on your power curve

I am not quite understanding … If you do 500w for 15s and 200w for 15s (avg 350w) then your best 30s power is 350w and can be read of the power duration curve. It doesn’t matter that you went under 350w for a bit.

Hi David, I’m looking to see if the MPA paradigm from Xert is possible.

Lets say I’m pushing 500W, how long can I hold that for? If I look at the power duration curve, my best 500W duration may have been a mix of well over 500W and some that is under, which is why the curve can go upwards at longer durations

To put what Steve is asking for into context, here is an explanation. This is possibly the same as W’ Bal as it is the amount of work one can do (above CP) for a given duration. The harder one goes, the less power is available in the battery:

Thanks Gerald, you’ve got it.

However, you also go beyond what I was thinking, which is that by monitoring W’ Bal, you can get realtime indication of when you are about to blow up.

Not sure this would work for intervals.icu since best I know its a post-ride analysis tool

Xert has that option available for limited Garmin Edge devices. I’m not sure how accurate it is.

One can, and should, learn the art of feel, but it takes time, and involves a lot of efforts; both single max efforts to keep the PDC unposted, and then interval repeats to train the systems.