Power curve reports lower than best 8min in activity -why?

Hi.
Simple question about power curve reporting.
Today ( race) I hit 8min about 365 Norm 340W
But at the power curve -this race - I see 8min only 321W

• why?
    Regards.

The 8m at the start of that race has a lot of portions with zero power. The default field displayed for an interval is “Avg power (excluding zeros)” which is then higher than the real average if there are lots of zeros. You can add “Real avg power” as well which will match the power curve:

The “Avg power (excluding zeros)” is meant for “training” intervals where you don’t have zeros unless your PM is acting up.

1 Like

Thanks for explanation I missed it somehow :slight_smile:
Regards

Hi
The metodology of AVG Power has changed last days ? where can I find an old AVG POWER ( excluding zeros) this is something what I always compare between specific efforts.
Regards

Not starting another topic because my question is about power curve.

There are some “valleys” in curve. For example, 40 sec power is 628w, while 48 sec power is 638w from same ride, same date. That should not be mathematically possible because all shorter segments should be at least the same, and practically few watts higer because constant effort outdoors is not possible.

This one surprised me quite a bit too but it is mathematically possible. See this thread:

Yes it did change a while ago. The “excluding zeros” thing really confused people as the average for an interval wouldn’t match same time pulled from the power curve. If you have an interval with a lot of drop outs you can do Actions → Fix Data to fill them in.

oh that’s a pity that this value has been removed at all , , so I cant look and compare it any more :frowning:
is it possible to add this Average excl zeros as an optional value ?? dont need as default but super f it is an option ( as many others )

I like to compare my races after start - first 5-10 min it is always specific - lot of spikes and lot of zeros - but I belive it is a good value to compare efficiency at the begining of my races.
of course I have new data now, but I still remember the previous ones and something is not right for me as I remember 350W and now I have 230 … in the same or similar race a year or month later, tragic preparation, power meter error, hard to compare when you remember old data and here is a huge drop . .