Planned workout export to TP or Wahoo - help!

I can’t seem to export a planned workout to TP which would then upload to my Wahoo Elemnt.

What is the correct file for a manual download? TP seems to reject erg, fit and mrc files.

I can export to Zwift ok but can’t seem to crack the code to export to my headunit.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You can’t!

Planned workouts for a Wahoo need to be downloaded and placed in the ‘Plans’ folder of your Wahoo device.
You have the option here to download all planned activities from a week in a single zip file or download an individual planned workout.
The option for a full week download is available under the 'Week number ’ on the calendar page.

ERG works well with Wahoo and it’s the format I use.

1 Like

You could use the Dropbox upload support to avoid having to do the manual download. Just copy from your Dropbox folder to the Wahoo one.

2 Likes

@david
Can you please elaborate here. I can’t quite figure it out. What do you mean by ‘copy the dropbox folder to the wahoo one’?
I have planned workouts auto uploading to Dropbox but how do we then sync those with the Wahoo? I don’t know of a way to link the dropbox folder to the Wahoo? Wahoo can upload completed activities to dropbox but I don’t think it can download planned workout from dropbox

I mean to just copy the files from the Dropbox folder to your Wahoo. Just to avoid the “download zip” part.

Ah
I get you now. Thanks!

Hi, I’m trying to get my workouts into my ROAM via the Wahoo Fitness Dropbox folder but I can’t make it work.

I copied the fit file into

• Dropbox
  • Dropbox/Wahoo Fitness
  • Dropbox/Wahoo Fitness/Plans
  • Dropbox/Wahoo Fitness/plans

Neither worked, unfortunately. Am I missing something?

To get workouts onto a Wahoo you’ll need to manually transfer the erg files into the ‘Plans’ folder on the Wahoo itself, then navigate to ‘Planned Workouts’ on the wahoo and ‘sync’

Yeah, it’s crap. I complained to wahoo again this week after trainerday turned off training peaks syncs. When I said I was using intervals.icu, they said it’s with development. So maybe some day there will be a direct sync.

1 Like

Yh I know this works but I thought (based on what @david said), I could use Dropbox sync rather than having to manually connect the device via USB-c. Reading it again now, I don’t think he was referring to the Dropbox Wahoo integration.

This definitely sucks, wish I could at least sync from their companion mobile app.

1 Like

I think dropbox sync for wahoo only works the other way, e.g. done rides get pushed to dropbox, but they don’t read anything from there

Ah I see. A bit silly to only support one way. Might just return this thing for a Hammerhead if they’re better. with this.

I think every head unit is better to get workouts on than wahoo. The „problem“ is that I like the display and functionality of the roam way more than my edge 1030+ :wink:

1 Like

Perhaps not exactly the answer you are looking for but I make .mrc workout files to ride on the Wahoo Kickr and load them direct onto the Wahoo Bolt (v1).

When you turn the Wahoo on and press up button on the right side while plugging the device into a pc/laptop it shows up as a usb drive. You can then drag/drop these files directly into the .plans folder.

After unplugging the device I sync all workouts and select the one I want from the list.

Hello, if I upload a erg file to the plans folder on the Wahoo Elemnt (Bolt v2) using the download or dropbox feature (it doesn’t matter of course) via USB the planned workouts appear after clicking sync on the wahoo device all with the name “SD card plan” cause the wahoo does not seem to use the field “FILE NAME”. The description is available . And if I am using thr FIT format it is not loaded at all by the wahoo device which is my bigger problem. The only workaround is to download ZWO files from intervals.icu and then convert to fit files using the Workout converters | What's on Zwift? converter. Do you have any idea qhy the fit files download from intervals.icu are not working on the wahoo device?

1 Like