Paypal payment option

Hi David,

Please add Paypal as a payment option.
And maybe you can also make a permanent payment page.
The payment popup is not always working.

Thanks,

Robert

6 Likes
4 Likes

same here Paypal plz. I want to pay for your very informative analysis, yet for security reasons nowadays I always want a trusted proven paywall in between. I just donā€™t want to leave my CC payment data all over the internet with -to me- unknown brokers. Too much site-hacking and consecutive darkweb trading going on these days.:thinking:

3 Likes

Stripe handles payments on this site. As secure as PayPal is.

1 Like

Using Stripe, as a user we still need to fill in vulnerable CC info via your site instead of just logging on and paying via a paywall like Paypal offers?

1 Like

Hi @david , I just called Stripe CS, the agent confirms that you as a merchant first need to connect ApplePay, GooglePay, PayPal etc. to your Stripe account and their merchant (only) platform first.

After they have connected your Stripe account to any of such financial APIā€™s, your Stripe account will indeed be ready to receive such payments from us Intervals.icu users in a secure fashion.

Instead of now just filling out your CC info directly on your site which is generally considered ā€˜unsafeā€™ even though the current payment popup seems SSL/https encrypted:

If so, I will now again close my just opened ā€˜merchants onlyā€™ account with Stripe and patiently wait until you have connected Paypalā€™s financial API to your Stripe account. If done, I am more then happy to pay you in such a secure way.
Keep it going. Tx, Robert

2 Likes

It is perfectly safe. The fields you enter the credit card information are in a frame, and go directly to Stripe. Intervals.icu never sees that data and it is impossible to see it for them.

2 Likes

As @andrius says Intervals.icu never sees the card info so it is safe. However I am considering moving to something ā€œmore managed by Stripeā€ so I can support additional payment methods. When I started with this I didnā€™t realise that lots of people in Europe donā€™t use credit cards for this sort of thing.

2 Likes

Same. Came here to say I wanted to support the site to gain access to additional data but I am not entering my CC info. I would happily use PayPal or Apple Pay.

1 Like

Hi. Just dropped TP premium because of this great resource and now i want to support this. Iā€™m in the US and just want to ask if there is an update on this. Even just any other paywalled services like venmo, zelle, cashapp etc if paypal is not available yet.

from a technical and privacy point of view paypal is the worst of solutions.
they can block your account refuse your credit card for nothing

i am an IT sec engineer with focus on security and privacy. I would never give my data to paypal. even if you donā€™t want to have a paypal account they ask your data and guess where i have found that dataā€¦ no where else than the dark web because it gets stolen all the time.

if you are concerned about your data being spread over the internet then you should even more concerned giving your information to data hoggers like facebook, google, microsoft. amazon. they dontā€™ only take your data but sell it to anyone.

2 Likes

While in-application payment methods are usually more convenient, personally, entering credit card details, or having payment options in a trusted page ALWAYS feels safer.

And, in additional, the providers support multiple payment methods and you donā€™t have to think about it much. Eg. Braintree (owned by PayPal) supports CC, PayPal and ApplePay (possibly others too).
Stripe should also be able to handle all the fancy payment methods (ā€œwalletsā€) but most likely just through their checkout page.

4 Likes

Yay! Just signed up from the US using PayPal!
Well done!

1 Like

Paid you via PayPal. Keep it up!:clap:

1 Like

You are probably right!
Like so with any other of the Big 5 Ć”nd ā€˜legallyā€™ implemented backdoors for - not to be trusted - goverments as well.

Nevertheless, even though PP might be just as ā€˜darkā€™, they have a commercial reputation, business and trust to loose.
This alone, in theory, should keep me safer (like any other bank), then ā€˜justā€™ a *.icu site or to me unknown fin-corp requesting my financial data.

My personal ā€˜data strategyā€™ is simple: online input of my personal and financial data as few and INcomplete as possible, to decrease chances becoming a victim one day because I was carelessly sloppy or fully ignorant.

In other words: the less my CC, iBAN etc. is explicitly shared (by me) over and over again online by inputing it in WUIā€™s from which I canā€™t easily validate its trustlevel nor SSL, the lower my identity fraud risk. Simple statistics.

Additionally, if PP screws me over anytime in the future I will asap block my attached CC and close my account with them and they will loose business.
Hopefully before my identity fraud is beyond my control?

Anyway, who can you trust in the Matrix, especially with faster then lightspeed AI taking full control of us too slow ignorant monkeys? :smiling_imp::alien:

1 Like

Yeah, someday, we will use cryptosā€¦