Patreon is out, Stripe is in

Cool, very easy to subscribe!
Btw, it still says ‘Patreon supporter’ when you mouse-over the purple icon :wink:

Sorted. Cheers for keeping up the good work.

Mike

1 Like

Please do add a higher tier or two.

2 Likes

Done, thx for all the good work.

Oops, I just signed up with Patreon. Do I wait until near the end of the month?

Edit: I haven’t been charged yet. Switching over now…

1 Like

Awesome to see this change David.
I actually looked at supporting around Christmas and was shocked how much Paypal and Patreon would charge in fees. I want as much as possible to go to you. Signed up with Stripe now.

2 Likes

I’d like to support you. But if I dont create an account, how can I stop the subscription if I decided so?
If paypal is still possible, I’ll do it through paypal.

Once you have subscribed you can cancel anytime. Just click the subscription message on the /settings page and this box will popup:

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 17.59.40

If you are very keen on Paypal you can use this link: https://paypal.me/intervalsicu

Tx!

1 Like

I’m paranoid about having to enter my card number online. it is unlikely to change :frowning: Does stripe use 3d secure in the EU with every transfer or only with the first payment?

I asked them that when it didn’t require 3D secure for my own South African card (which usually does need it). They said it’s up to the issuing bank. So maybe because it was only 10 EUR my bank didn’t bother. I also tested with a German card and it also didn’t 3D secure.

If you do need to 3D secure every 3 months Stripe will send you an email (supposedly, obviously I haven’t seen this work yet) and Intervals.icu will ask you to pay the invoice on the settings page and popup the card box. Same thing with card expired or other problems.

Stripe are #2 in the world for payments (behind Paypal) and Intervals.icu never sees your card data so I think this is secure.

Subscribed. Loved the site anyway, but it’s even better now we can connect to GC instead of Strava. Keep up the good work :+1:t2:

1 Like

Stripe sign up Col Hotchillee

1 Like

@david any chance of supporting GBP in Stripe to avoid currency conversion fees charged by UK banks and card providers when paying with EUR or USD? :grinning:

1 Like

@david Could you please add an annual option?

I have just added GBP and an annual option. Note that once you have subscribed in a currency it is fixed for your customer in Stripe.

1 Like

No dice. The annual option is not showing up from the link in the settings page.

Sorry for some reason the build failed. Its working now. If you reload the page you should get the green box and from there the new pricing options. Sorry about that!

I already subscribed, but GBP would be better for me. If I cancel my subscription near the end of the 3 months and re-subscribe would that allow me to choose GBP?

No but if you cancel and then contact me before re-subscribing I can delete your old customer and then you will be able to choose GBP.

2 Likes

Hi David,

As I’ve been using this site for a while for free and found it very useful, so I wanted to contribute in the form of subscribing for 3 months to say thank you. As I am not expecting to stay subbed after that (sorry, money is an issue right now), I did what I do with all similar services and unsubscribed right after paying. But in this case, it seems like you stop being a supporter at the moment you unsubscribe, unlike other services when it stops when you reach the following billing period.

Is there anything that can be done about it? I think you should be considered a supporter as long as you have paid for that time.

Thanks.