OW Swim duration is wrong

Hi David, I did a multisport activity (swim, bike, run) recorded with a Garmin and sent to Interval via Garmin Connect.

The swim duration has a problem. In the summary, Interval reports 29 min even though the duration was 41. A part the summary, the graph duration is fine.
Here below few screenshots:
Untitled picture1
Untitled picture2
Untitled picture3

and this is the garmin connect activity:

Thanks for clarifying and once again congratulation for the great job!

Tx. I have fixed this for deployment Thurs AM (GMT+2).

The swim has very big time jumps between data points (median is 34s, often more than double that). Intervals.icu considers gaps of 2 x the median to be “stopped” and doesn’t count them towards moving time. For swims the gaps now need to be 3 x the median.

1 Like

Solved! Thanks

Makes sense. In Golden Cheetah I always needed to run the “Fix gaps in recording” tool for open water swims. I have a Garmin FR 920XT.

Hi David, it happened again on this swim (49 min vs 25 wich is giving me a fantastic pace of 1:05 /100mt):
https://intervals.icu/activities/i1151419
Hope you can fix it.
Rgrds

You can see from the pace chart that the velocity data for that swim is mostly missing. That is what is causing the problem. I need to detect that and just use the elapsed time for moving time. Will have a look tonight.

I have made the importer less sensitive re stops for swims. Hopefully not to the detriment of pool swims. Will deploy Wed AM (GMT+2).

1 Like