Multisport activity duration error

Hey there training friends!
I have a Garmin multisport activity that started as a hike and turned into a run. The run is displaying correctly, but the hike is reporting less than half the duration (3h33) that the activity actually was (7h29). From searching the forums I have a feeling that it’s the same issue as this. I think it has to do with the large amounts of time spent stopped on the trail.

Below is a screenshot of the activity. As you can see on the graph, the time goes all the way out to 7 hours.

Any thoughts on how to get it to display correctly?

Hmm. The time reported on the top left is moving time which looking at the pace graph could be correct. I can’t see the activity on Garmin Connect. Please have a look at see what it says the moving time is and compare. Tx.

@david you’re quite correct, Garmin reports moving time as slightly shorter, but close, at 3h28.

Out of interest, is Load calculated on moving time or total duration? Interestingly Training Peaks calculates the total duration which puts the load around 280TSS, which seems overinflated for the effort. Equally the load of 58 for this activity reported here seems low.

The load does seem a bit low. That has been calculated from the HR data using HRSS which depends on your resting, threshold and max HR. The load from pace data is 67 so maybe use that?

1 Like