Not getting historical data from Garmin Connect

Fist I want to say that this looks like a fantastic tool :slight_smile: I am looking forward wot try it out.

But I am having issues getting historical data from Garmin Connect :expressionless:
I have created a new account and configured it for getting data from Garmin Connect, my training today has been synchronized, but all the historical data have not appeared in intervals.icu. I have tried several time to request it for getting old data from the last year, but without any luck.

Thanks in advance!

You can only retrieve one year from Garmin; their rules.

Thanks for your reply !
But I haven’t received any historical data at all :expressionless:

there is a way to ask garmin for the whole data block and import that into intervals. I think it is linked in settings how to achieve this. It will take a few days though until you get the link and potentially a few more days until it is all in intervals.

Thanks for your reply!

I just want the last year of data, and it look like that should be possible “out of the box” just selection from and to date in the settings for the configuration sync with Garmin Connect in Interval.icu

Did you see this?

If something went wrong the first call, Garmin is not accepting anymore requests in this way.
Just use the Import all Garmin data option and within a couple of days, you will get a download link with one or more ZIP files that you can import in Intervals.

1 Like

You can also get your data from Strava, by means of a data download. That is, of course, if you have a Strava account.

Thanks for replies !
I would like to use Garmin because I don’t have all data in Strava.
Now I have received historical data, but here are a lot of missing data, can I expect it to come later?

Try one of these two methods to get a download of your data from Garmin. Once you have the data, then upload to Intervals.
The “Export all Garmin data using Account Management Center” is not in Garmin Connect, but where your devices are registered to you - click on the Garmin Data Management Account link, and it should take you to your account.

1 Like

The best is to use the “Import All Garmin Data” button:

That should get everything.

Did that as well, back then it somehow took a few days for everything to show up, but in retrospect that might have been my browser cache messing up, and not intervals not showing stuff

I thought that was limited to 1 year. :blush:

1 Like

Only the api calls seem to be limited.

1 Like

Hi everyone.

I’ve requested and received my data files from Garmin and they’ve been sent as a zip file. But the ‘import all Garmin data’ option seems to ask for a web link? How do I get this data into Intervals?

i tot that they sent a LINK to the ZIP file… did they actually send the entire ZIP file via email?

All I’ve been reading about how people has been getting historical data from Garmin is via a link…

then they just copy the link (right click, copy link) and then paste it into Intervals.icu

You copy the link or you upload the zip from the activity page. Your choice.

1 Like

All sorted, thanks for your help.