New: icTrainer is an affordable alternative to Rouvy, Zwift & Co

Ok…It won’t let me select Intervals over TP.
The only way I can get the workouts from Intervals is to unselect TP from my profile page (in which case I assume completed workouts won’t sync to TP then?

Hi Nasatt,
can you please send me your email-address of the icTrainer-user to info@ictrainer.com. I can check then your profile settings. One point is important if you want to select between “TrainingPeaks” and “Intervals”:

• open the combobox by mouse click
  • select “Intervals” per mouse click (and not per mouse wheel)

Then it should be possible to select “Intervals” and then the workout of the day is changed to “Intervals”.

Best regards, Philipp

1 Like

Thanks Philipp. I tried that but still no luck. I will message on my email address to you + a video of what’s happening
Thanks

This issue was resolved by using a tip from Philipp - choosing Intervals from the combo box with the arrow key from keyboard rather than using the mouse.

Used the app earlier this evening for a session
The interface is excellent. Clear. Informative. Easy to look at really, with no unnecessary clutter. There is absolutely no faff. Open the app, your planned workout is there, click play and off you go. It really is fantastic. The activity file upload to your chosen sites too is so easy and hassle free.

Nitpicking -------

1. Option is there to show BPM only, Cadence only or Power only or all 3 together. Ability to select whatever combination you want would be nice.

2. ‘Kilometers’ recorded is not something I like or want. Turbo isn’t for clocking miles and an option to disable this would also be favourable. Maybe it’s a setting that I just haven’t seen yet.

However there is one major issue for me and that’s the activity file format. It’s a tcx file. TCX
doesn’t contain left/right balance data which I like to view/analyze. I couldn’t find a way to select upload format as .fit file.

All in all though an excellent app… In all likelihood I’ll subscribe when my trial period is up. I won’t use the file upload feature because my issues outlined above but will use the interface during my turbo sessions. It’s an infinitely better way to spend €25 a year than on Strava, which offers absolutely nothing except segment leaderboards for the same money. I have my Strava renewal cancelled after their price increase and because of the way they handled that (and the way they continue to handle it).

Interested to see how icTrainer develops and if fit file option is ever introduced

1 Like

Don’t know if you have a Garmin, but i have always recorded my indoor sessions with my Garmin. All the data is there and the data flow is automatic to Intervals. Did this regardless of whatever app was controlling my trainer. I find it reassuring to get activity data in the same way for every activity I do. And the output file of the app is a backup in case anything goes wrong.

1 Like

.fit-file and left/right-balance is on the roadmap :shushing_face: :wink:

2 Likes

Brilliant!! That’s great news…
And ability to ‘turn off’ kilometers ridden :wink::joy::joy::pray:

Ya. I use either a Garmin or a Wahoo, both having seamless integration with Intervals.
For the time being I’ll be using ictrainer as a redundancy facility but also for the training data visuals during a session.
When ictrainer develops fit file capability I’ll probably switch to using the head units as the redundancy facility

How do you get your i.icu planned workouts onto the Wahoo?

Sorry, haven’t looked at this for a while, wasn’t straightforward then, but will want to get back to it in due course (with better/warmer weather;-)

OK. Apologies. I should have been more clear with this. Seamless uploads, not so much the other way around.

To answer your question though, fwiw, I sync the planned activities with dropbox and just drag and drop then into the ‘Plans’ folder on my Wahoo

Is it possible to push Intervals.icu workouts into icTrainer and then after the workout is compete the data (power, cadence, hr etc) will flow back into Intervals.icu?

Yes. But only in .tcx format and not a .fit file
Fit file upload is coming down the line

Is it automatic or do I have to manually move the files?

Ie; if I create a new indoor bike workout for Monday, will it automatically push into icTrainer? Or do I have to copy it over manually?

When you open icTrainer your workout will be there waiting for you (once you link icT to intervals of course).
After your workout finishes and you save the workout a pop will appear asking if you want to upload to intervals… Just click yes and you’re done

2 Likes

Awesome! I’ll give this a go on my next bike! Thank you for your help

2 Likes

Hi there! From what I understood Nicolino is from icTrainer team → have a quick question. As I look forward to switching to icTrainer from Zwift, I am comparing it mostly to Zwift.

I’m running Elite Suito trainer and I noticed that Zwift and icTrainer are producing a bit different resistance. Let’s assume I’m producing 100W, without ERG mode. On Zwift I’d be on high gear on my casette, while on icTrainer I’d be down 3-4 gears to produce the same amount of Watts. For my power training I simply would need to stay without ERG mode on my last ring on the casette for most of the training, which is suboptimal. Are there any hidden settings on icTrainer that I could change?

Also, I know that km/h speed on Zwift is crazy and innacurate, how icTrainer does know what km/h values to output?

Will happily be more precise if needed

For the speed calculation, we follow the calculation formula of the website Bicycle Speed (Velocity) And Power Calculator and use, among other things, the information of weight, wheel position, rolling resistance, etc. stored in the user profile and, of course, pedaled power.

I would have to check whether the weight is transferred to the trainer in SIM mode (ERG mode off) by icTrainer.

Nice work guys. Fit file export available now! Thanks.

@nicolino
Its not possible to train by HR right? E.g. set a target of 130-135 and Power is adjusted to stay in this area?

@FabAdv Since the beginning of the month, an HRM mode is also available.
So you can specify a target HRM and the power/watt will be adjusted automatically.

2 Likes