Name of Activity from Workout

Hi David!

Wohle ist be possible to automatically edit the Name of an activity to the Name of the workout it is merged with? That would add the possibility to search for the completed workouts without editing the names manually. An other option would be to include the scheduled workouts in the search.

Thanks alot!
Sebastian

Thats a good idea and now on the todo list. One issue with actually updating the activity name is what if the wrong workout is paired?

Hi David! Thanks for your answer. I do not have a real solution for this issue. But of this happens there will still be a manual editing Option, right?

Another possibility would be to change the name automatically each time a workout is paired. So if you unpair ist and pair it with a new structured workout the name will be updated. If a pairing would be wrong manual Input is required anyhow.

Greets!
Sebastian

Was going to ask for exactly the same thing. Has there been any progress on this? Not too concerned with matching to the wrong activity or workout as usually there’s just one activity/workout per day, and on those rare occasions we can always edit afterwards. The Team is now setting workouts for a few riders and so to retain that workout name rather than changing to the the default Garmin name (e.g. Afternoon Ride) would really help.

Still love this programme. Its been a game changer!!

1 Like

I could do it this way. There are some complications with Strava though. Intervals will update Garmin activities with the name from Strava if possible. I supposed you can already control that in the Strava box in settings so its ok.

Hi David, thanks for coming back on this topic. I am not sure I understamd what you mean but If the name is taken from Strava (where I do not download into Intervals) you could just put a option in the settings menu of intervals where the user could activate the Synchronisation of the name from Strava of not. If it is on: Same behaviour as now. If off: The Name of the paired workout will be taken.

Would that be an option?

Greets!
Sebastian

I have deployed the change. When a non-Strava activity is paired with a planned workout it gets the workout name. If you have “Keep non-Strava activities in sync with Strava” then the name might be changed to whatever it is on Strava depending on the timing.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 19.38.05

2 Likes

Thanks David. This is great. Does this also work for Races, i.e. use the race name for the activity name where a race has been set for a day?

Yes if the activity matches the race closely enough to pair or you manually pair them.

Hi David - a couple of the guys rode planned workouts today (William Blume and Lasse Norman Hansen) but its seems the activities retained the original Garmin name rather than inheriting the workout name. I don’t think they’re on Strava, just a straight Garmin to Intervals connection. I also ran a planned workout but the activity retained the original strava name. I also upload a fit file from coros to dropbox which then comes through to intervals. Any ideas what we’re doing wrong? I’m less worried about my setup of course :slight_smile: but would be good to get the guys Garmin to Intervals setup figured out.

Thanks David for realizing that request. It will help to find old sessions easier.

Silly bug. Sorry didn’t test well enough. Should work now.

1 Like

Thanks David. Just reloaded today’s session. Works perfectly.