Missing Activity Data

Hi David

All may data from March to June seems to have disappeared. It’s still in Strava.

Best regards

Keith

I can see the data so you probably need to reload the app. It is possible for connectivity problems to cause this.

Hi David,

All is visible now and back to normal. I did refresh the browser but do I need to reset the whole session in future?

Best regards

Keith

1 Like

Probably just closing the tab an re-opening is enough. I need to try figure out how to automatically sort this out.

I just started using last night - great program. I’m pretty sure there is a bug of some sort to not have any Strava activity data showing here from June 20 and entire July month. All other periods are fine. And yes have reloaded. Thanks

Tx.

You can fix this by going to the /fitness page, choosing a date range that includes the “missing” data and clicking refresh. That refresh does a search for missing stuff.

The way Intervals.icu fetches data on the calendar can leave gaps if you jump around. Always looking for and fixing these automatically would use up too many Strava API calls.

1 Like

That works - thanks very much David and congrats on a great initiative.

How do you force a re-sync, when selecting the date range in the activities page, and hitting the refresh button doesn’t change the outcome?

I can sync activities back to 2008 from the fitness page, but I can’t get them to sync on the activity page. Ive tried a fresh browser window selecting just a window of time.

Here’s a shot (from veloviewer, since getting a list from 2017 in strava is cumbersome):

And here is the activity page in intervals.icu:

I’ve thought about removing and re-adding the Strava intergration on intervals.icu, but I anticipate that would lose the associated historical weight and FTP data with those activities?

Sorry not the answer to your question, but you could try a Strava integration on a new intervals account?

You have some large gaps in your history. I just selected Jan 1 to Dec 31 2017 and did refresh and it is loading activities.

What’s the trick to get it to load? I see the 2017 activities now (presuming what you did on your side pushed them into my account’s cache), but I still have some gaps that I can’t get to load, even when hitting refresh on small spans of time, regardless of the browser I use.

Can you give me one of those date ranges so I can have a look? Tx. Sometimes the app can lose connection to the server so activities don’t come back as they load in. Reloading the page sorts that out.

Here are the gaps that I can identify. Selecting these ranges (even short ranges of a few days) and clicking the upper righthand circle arrow refresh button in intervals does not resolve it for me.

• May 27 2010 - Dec 23, 2010
  • 6 Nov 2011 - May 30, 2012
  • 2 June 2012, March 20, 2015
  • Mar 20, 2015 - 31 Dec 2015 ← Some activities in this range exist, but not the complete set for this range.
  • 1 Jan 2016* - 28 Dec 2016 ← Some activities in this range exist, but not the complete set for this range.
  • 9 Jan 2018 - 29 Apr 2020

Hi @david I have a friend who has the same issur betxeen 1st January 2021 and 17th August 2021 : Intervals.icu

Can you help him?

Thank you!

I triggered a refresh for that date range on the fitness page and his activities are loading in. Will take a little while.

Perfect, thank you!

Hello @david it seems like there are some activities from last weekend missing and refreshing in the data range on the fitness page did not work, is there some new bug?

I had to remove the “refresh on fitness page” thing for Strava (rate limits). You can now use the “Download old data” button in the Strava box on the /settings page to look for activities from last weekend. I see you did a hike on Sunday. What else is missing?

1 Like

That makes sense, thanks for the fast reply. The “Download old data” function did it. There were a run and a weight training session missing on Saturday the15th.

Hi David,

I have a gap in fitness between 26 September 22 through to December 25th and again between January 5th 23 and March 3rd 23.
I have gone into fitness and selected date range and hit refresh but it hasn’t changed anything.
I can see my workouts on Strava.

Thanks,