Max cadence per bike and bike fitting

Dear Interval(ers)!

Following helpful forum suggestions, I added the custom code and then re-analyzed my activities. My hunch was verified: I spin much faster on my MTB. Is this a hip angle issue, given I am far more upright on my MTB/VTT?

  • Road bicycles, max cadence is around 120rpm (regardless of crank length)
  • MTB, I cruise at 120-125 and max is at least 135.

Similar to this, max power is much higher on the MTB, by at least 150W. In all cases, I am not trying to hit max power or max cadence, I am simply riding. All bikes use a crank-based power meter.

Am I wrong in thinking I should raise the handlebars on at least one road bike to see how cadence and power are affected?

TIA

( [SOLVED] Max Cadence and Max Power fields (Computed Fields) - #3 by Tommy_Bal )