Is there a PMC example of a good season?

Im wondering if there are any good examples to PMC from successful athletes who increased fitness over time and peaked at their target. I would like to know how long they stay in the red zone/ green zone. If the fatigue line ever goes under the blue line. What does their rest week look like and how does the transition from the rest week to the next block of training increase fitness ?

That is a very personal thing, every athlete carries a different load and comparisons do not apply between athletes.

1 Like

Agreed. I could show you my PMC (I increased fitness and peaked when I needed to this year) but it would only be n=1 and relevant to me.

What is relevant to most those are the the principles of periodisation, progressive overload etc which when adopted create the framework for you as an athlete to increase your fitness and peak.

To assist with this I would advocate watching the WKO5 Annual Training Process videos which go through some examples and are a great resource:

1. WKO5 and the Annual Training Process, Part 1: Early Base Extensive Aerobic Development - YouTube
  2. WKO5 and the Annual Training Process, Part 2: Mid to Late Base Intensive Aerobic Development - YouTube
  3. WKO5 and the Annual Training Process, Part 3: Late Base to Peak Power and Speed - YouTube