Is the load equivalent to tss?

Hello,

Do some rely on the load to constitute their programming. Do me load and equal to the TSS in training load quantification?

Thank you

Load is taken 1-on-1 from Strava - I’m not sure if their method is the same as what for instance TP uses.

I do not rely on TL, but I do look at ramp rate to increase volume, when needed, which in turn will increase TL.

1 Like

I should probably add that the recommended recovery time is dependent on your current (42-day average) TL. Mine is rather high, but if I would need 2 - 3 days recovery time, it would quickly drop to somewhere around 125…

1 Like

Uhm, so if your FTP is wrong in Strava (and it always is) then TL is not correct?

If it is, yes, but why not change it? Or do you need a ‘Subscriber’ account to be able to do that?

It may also be that intervals.icu calculates it, but the method is the same: 1h at FTP = 100 load.

If you have more than one place where you keep your data, you will need to make sure every number that matters is the same everywhere.

Ok you’d better watch the load or beforehand establish all the planning using a plan and define an approximate load and make a remediation according to the form and the ATL.

Thank you for your answers!

There’s an excellent plan builder here on intervals.icu :joy:

1 Like

1h at FTP = 100 TSS
Looks like the Load and TSS is now sync and the same numbers projected from TP though not sure of Strava.

1 Like

AFAIK, Strava uses the same method, but they do not elborate, as per the screenshot above.