Info-Howto about adding suunto wellness info

Hello all,
1st sorry, I don’t know where may i categorized my question…

Then, i’d like to know how may we synchronize our welness info from suunto app here in intervals icu.
Some data are sync with our synced activities.
But I’d like to have these which are outside of the activities, to observe in between these activities, how were the info in correlation (or in preparation) of it, and the impact.
Especially the sleep, the FC, the stress, the 02, the form (or fitness).
That’s form me an important to have it, to track these info with purpose to improve my fitness and activities goals.

It seems not to be available to get it automatically. I want to check by suunto if the app is able to provide the wellness info to other platform.
Is there somethin g planed in future to have it?
Is it already possible to use it and how could we activate it?

Thank you very much for your interest and your answers.

Cheers

I have a similar question and curiosity, but don’t know how to get all the metrics you listed to sync automatically… I’ll be watching this post to see what options we have.

Thanks!

1 Like

Has there been any progress in getting the wellness data from Suunto into intervals.icu

Thanks

Not yet. I did poke around and they do have API endpoints to return some wellness stuff. But all the times etc. are in UTC which is a huge pain. You want local dates for this stuff. I need to know “how much did you sleep last night” on the day of 10th Nov 2023. Can’t do that with UTC data. I would have to assume the data is in your timezone as set in /settings but what if you travel?

Thanks for your response David, Firstly thanks for a great site and all the work you’ve put into it.

I can appreciate why you would want local time but in the absence of it using the timezone that is in the settings seems a reasonable assumption and place to start. I would have thought most people spend most of their time at that location and maybe put a comment (could put it by the connections in the settings) that if you are using Suunto wellness make sure the location/timezone is correct or update manually if traveling.

Or would that just cause more issues?

I had a look at the API page and it doesn’t seem to include the HRV data but hopefully, they will include it as they are adding it to their watches now but at least it has sleep, HR, and steps.

Nick

@david It looks like the Suunto have updated what you can get on the API

HRV now seems to be included and they use proper ISO 8601 time stamps, including the time zone Z for UTC